Jul 7, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
Furman picked up a late transfer addition on Monday as the school announced the addition to of former Duquesne forward Isaiah Watkins.
The 6-foot-8 Watkins will have to sit out the 2014-15 season due to NCAA transfer rules, but he’ll have three years of eligibility left.
“We are very excited to add Isaiah to the program,” Furman head coach Niko Medved said in the release. “Isaiah brings a lot of versatility with his size. He can stretch the defense with his shooting, can go down in the paint and finish and rebound. Isaiah has also had the luxury of playing with and against some of the best competition in the country during his time with the Nike CIA Bounce travel team out of Toronto and St. Benedict’s Prep School in New Jersey. Isaiah has the ability to play a major role in the years to come for Furman Basketball.”
Watkins missed the first six games of his freshman season at Duquesne after getting arthroscopic knee surgery in October, but appeared in 16 games and averaged 1.4 points and 1.4 rebounds per game.
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 2
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 7
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)