Jul 7, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
Furman picked up a late transfer addition on Monday as the school announced the addition to of former Duquesne forward Isaiah Watkins.
The 6-foot-8 Watkins will have to sit out the 2014-15 season due to NCAA transfer rules, but he’ll have three years of eligibility left.
“We are very excited to add Isaiah to the program,” Furman head coach Niko Medved said in the release. “Isaiah brings a lot of versatility with his size. He can stretch the defense with his shooting, can go down in the paint and finish and rebound. Isaiah has also had the luxury of playing with and against some of the best competition in the country during his time with the Nike CIA Bounce travel team out of Toronto and St. Benedict’s Prep School in New Jersey. Isaiah has the ability to play a major role in the years to come for Furman Basketball.”
Watkins missed the first six games of his freshman season at Duquesne after getting arthroscopic knee surgery in October, but appeared in 16 games and averaged 1.4 points and 1.4 rebounds per game.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)
- UCLA lands four-star center, second 2017 commitment (3)
- So what happened to the chair Bobby Knight threw in 1985? (3)
- Flooding from storm damages Denver’s practice floor (PHOTOS) (3)