Jul 7, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
Furman picked up a late transfer addition on Monday as the school announced the addition to of former Duquesne forward Isaiah Watkins.
The 6-foot-8 Watkins will have to sit out the 2014-15 season due to NCAA transfer rules, but he’ll have three years of eligibility left.
“We are very excited to add Isaiah to the program,” Furman head coach Niko Medved said in the release. “Isaiah brings a lot of versatility with his size. He can stretch the defense with his shooting, can go down in the paint and finish and rebound. Isaiah has also had the luxury of playing with and against some of the best competition in the country during his time with the Nike CIA Bounce travel team out of Toronto and St. Benedict’s Prep School in New Jersey. Isaiah has the ability to play a major role in the years to come for Furman Basketball.”
Watkins missed the first six games of his freshman season at Duquesne after getting arthroscopic knee surgery in October, but appeared in 16 games and averaged 1.4 points and 1.4 rebounds per game.
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Watch Kentucky fans sprinting to line up for Big Blue Madness tickets (VIDEO) (2)
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference (2)