Jul 7, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
Furman picked up a late transfer addition on Monday as the school announced the addition to of former Duquesne forward Isaiah Watkins.
The 6-foot-8 Watkins will have to sit out the 2014-15 season due to NCAA transfer rules, but he’ll have three years of eligibility left.
“We are very excited to add Isaiah to the program,” Furman head coach Niko Medved said in the release. “Isaiah brings a lot of versatility with his size. He can stretch the defense with his shooting, can go down in the paint and finish and rebound. Isaiah has also had the luxury of playing with and against some of the best competition in the country during his time with the Nike CIA Bounce travel team out of Toronto and St. Benedict’s Prep School in New Jersey. Isaiah has the ability to play a major role in the years to come for Furman Basketball.”
Watkins missed the first six games of his freshman season at Duquesne after getting arthroscopic knee surgery in October, but appeared in 16 games and averaged 1.4 points and 1.4 rebounds per game.
- How Jaylen Brown’s commitment made a huge impact on the finalists recruiting him 4
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 3
- Five-star wing Jaylen Brown commits to California 0
- With Billy Donovan headed to Oklahoma City, where does this leave Florida? 5
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique 12
- Report: Billy Donovan, Oklahoma City ‘nearing an agreement’ on coaching vacancy 2
- CBT Roundtable: What rule would you change in college basketball? 11
- 2015 College Basketball Early Entry List (14)
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique (12)
- How concerned should North Carolina fans be that Brandon Ingram passed on the Tar Heels? (11)
- CBT Roundtable: What rule would you change in college basketball? (11)
- Report: Five-star small forward Jaylen Brown cuts list to four (6)