Jul 7, 2014, 10:40 PM EST
Former Oregon and Providence forward Brandon Austin will try to re-start his college basketball career at Hutchinson Community College in Kansas, according to a report from JucoJunction.com.
Austin, a redshirt freshman forward, and former Oregon teammates Dominic Artis and Damyean Dotson were accused of sexually assaulting a female classmate overnight from March 8 to 9 at multiple off-campus locations, but Eugene, Oregon prosecutors declined to pursue the case because there was insufficient evidence to “prove the allegations beyond a reasonable doubt.”
The trio was later banned from Oregon’s campus for up to 10 years due to sexual misconduct.
But that wasn’t the only time Austin was involved in a legal issue last season. The 6-foot-6 forward was also investigated for a sexual assault at Providence, according to a report from The Wall Street Journal.
Austin was the No. 45 player in the Class of 2013 nationally, according to Rivals, so he has some ability, but he really needs to get his life in order if he wants to play college basketball — at any level.
Hutchinson Community College head coach Steve Eck is also putting a lot of pressure on himself to help turn Austin’s basketball career around and Eck could find himself in hot water if Austin gets into any further trouble.
It’s worth noting that both Artis and Dotson are still searching for another college basketball program.
- Potential Cinderellas you want to win their automatic bid 2
- Virginia’s Justin Anderson could return as early as Saturday 0
- Missouri Valley Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- No. 9 Kansas rallies to beat No. 20 West Virginia in OT but injury to Perry Ellis is major concern 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how bad was Indiana’s loss to Iowa? 1
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s Frank Kaminsky’s award to win 1
- Ohio Valley Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (24)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)