Jul 7, 2014, 10:40 PM EDT
Former Oregon and Providence forward Brandon Austin will try to re-start his college basketball career at Hutchinson Community College in Kansas, according to a report from JucoJunction.com.
Austin, a redshirt freshman forward, and former Oregon teammates Dominic Artis and Damyean Dotson were accused of sexually assaulting a female classmate overnight from March 8 to 9 at multiple off-campus locations, but Eugene, Oregon prosecutors declined to pursue the case because there was insufficient evidence to “prove the allegations beyond a reasonable doubt.”
The trio was later banned from Oregon’s campus for up to 10 years due to sexual misconduct.
But that wasn’t the only time Austin was involved in a legal issue last season. The 6-foot-6 forward was also investigated for a sexual assault at Providence, according to a report from The Wall Street Journal.
Austin was the No. 45 player in the Class of 2013 nationally, according to Rivals, so he has some ability, but he really needs to get his life in order if he wants to play college basketball — at any level.
Hutchinson Community College head coach Steve Eck is also putting a lot of pressure on himself to help turn Austin’s basketball career around and Eck could find himself in hot water if Austin gets into any further trouble.
It’s worth noting that both Artis and Dotson are still searching for another college basketball program.
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (4)
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)