Jul 7, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
Wake Forest landed a late addition to its 2014 class on Monday afternoon as Greek forward Kostas Mitoglou committed to head coach Danny Manning. The news of Mitoglou’s commitment was first reported by European Prospects.
The 6-foot-10 Mitoglou recently played for the Greek club Aris BC and he was also a member of Greece’s U18 European Championship team. Instead of opting to play professionally, Mitoglou decided to play for Manning and he’ll help provide immediate front court depth after the loss of transfer forward Tyler Cavanaugh to George Washington.
Mitoglou averaged 5.8 points and seven rebounds per game during the U18 European Championships.
The addition of Mitoglou bolsters Wake Forest’s front court next season, which will also include Campbell graduate transfer Darius Leonard. The Demon Deacons also added guards Rondale Watson and Mitchell Wilbekin to the 2014 class.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)