Jul 7, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
Wake Forest landed a late addition to its 2014 class on Monday afternoon as Greek forward Kostas Mitoglou committed to head coach Danny Manning. The news of Mitoglou’s commitment was first reported by European Prospects.
The 6-foot-10 Mitoglou recently played for the Greek club Aris BC and he was also a member of Greece’s U18 European Championship team. Instead of opting to play professionally, Mitoglou decided to play for Manning and he’ll help provide immediate front court depth after the loss of transfer forward Tyler Cavanaugh to George Washington.
Mitoglou averaged 5.8 points and seven rebounds per game during the U18 European Championships.
The addition of Mitoglou bolsters Wake Forest’s front court next season, which will also include Campbell graduate transfer Darius Leonard. The Demon Deacons also added guards Rondale Watson and Mitchell Wilbekin to the 2014 class.
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)