Jul 7, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
Wake Forest landed a late addition to its 2014 class on Monday afternoon as Greek forward Kostas Mitoglou committed to head coach Danny Manning. The news of Mitoglou’s commitment was first reported by European Prospects.
The 6-foot-10 Mitoglou recently played for the Greek club Aris BC and he was also a member of Greece’s U18 European Championship team. Instead of opting to play professionally, Mitoglou decided to play for Manning and he’ll help provide immediate front court depth after the loss of transfer forward Tyler Cavanaugh to George Washington.
Mitoglou averaged 5.8 points and seven rebounds per game during the U18 European Championships.
The addition of Mitoglou bolsters Wake Forest’s front court next season, which will also include Campbell graduate transfer Darius Leonard. The Demon Deacons also added guards Rondale Watson and Mitchell Wilbekin to the 2014 class.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)