Jul 7, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
Wake Forest landed a late addition to its 2014 class on Monday afternoon as Greek forward Kostas Mitoglou committed to head coach Danny Manning. The news of Mitoglou’s commitment was first reported by European Prospects.
The 6-foot-10 Mitoglou recently played for the Greek club Aris BC and he was also a member of Greece’s U18 European Championship team. Instead of opting to play professionally, Mitoglou decided to play for Manning and he’ll help provide immediate front court depth after the loss of transfer forward Tyler Cavanaugh to George Washington.
Mitoglou averaged 5.8 points and seven rebounds per game during the U18 European Championships.
The addition of Mitoglou bolsters Wake Forest’s front court next season, which will also include Campbell graduate transfer Darius Leonard. The Demon Deacons also added guards Rondale Watson and Mitchell Wilbekin to the 2014 class.
- Five-star shooting guard focusing on ten schools 0
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? 1
- Source: Isaac Humphries expected to commit to Kentucky, enroll in 2015 1
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)
- Wichita State forward working hard to improve offensive repertoire (3)
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)
- Another Division I coach loses their job in the wake of the Donnie Tyndall scandal (3)