Jul 7, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
Wake Forest landed a late addition to its 2014 class on Monday afternoon as Greek forward Kostas Mitoglou committed to head coach Danny Manning. The news of Mitoglou’s commitment was first reported by European Prospects.
The 6-foot-10 Mitoglou recently played for the Greek club Aris BC and he was also a member of Greece’s U18 European Championship team. Instead of opting to play professionally, Mitoglou decided to play for Manning and he’ll help provide immediate front court depth after the loss of transfer forward Tyler Cavanaugh to George Washington.
Mitoglou averaged 5.8 points and seven rebounds per game during the U18 European Championships.
The addition of Mitoglou bolsters Wake Forest’s front court next season, which will also include Campbell graduate transfer Darius Leonard. The Demon Deacons also added guards Rondale Watson and Mitchell Wilbekin to the 2014 class.
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 0
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 4
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (4)