Jul 8, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
The first of three July evaluation periods begins on Wednesday at 5 p.m. The College of Charleston has decided that head coach Doug Wojcik will not be on the recruiting trail this week. It had been recently reported that he was under investigation for alleged verbal abuse directed at players.
At the start of the month, it was reported that the school had hired investigators to look into the day-to-day operations of the men’s basketball team. Last Thursday, a 50-page report was obtained and released, detailing complaints made by members of the program, ranging from personal insults to threats.
During the live periods, the head coach and three assistant coaches are allowed to be on the road. Meaning, Wojcik’s three assistant — Antonio Reynolds Dean, Joe Wallace and Ryan Freeberg — will be on the recruiting trail starting Wednesday evening. During that time, Wojcik is allowed to attend meetings.
Despite the allegations, Wojcik made it clear this weekend, he has no plans on resigning.
Wojcik was hired to replace the retired Bobby Cremins in 2012. In two seasons with the Cougars, he has amassed a 38-29 record. He had previously been the head coach at Tulsa for seven seasons.
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)
- Sean Miller gives update on Arizona forward Brandon Ashley (1)