Jul 8, 2014, 8:30 PM EST
The first of three July evaluation periods begins on Wednesday at 5 p.m. The College of Charleston has decided that head coach Doug Wojcik will not be on the recruiting trail this week. It had been recently reported that he was under investigation for alleged verbal abuse directed at players.
At the start of the month, it was reported that the school had hired investigators to look into the day-to-day operations of the men’s basketball team. Last Thursday, a 50-page report was obtained and released, detailing complaints made by members of the program, ranging from personal insults to threats.
During the live periods, the head coach and three assistant coaches are allowed to be on the road. Meaning, Wojcik’s three assistant — Antonio Reynolds Dean, Joe Wallace and Ryan Freeberg — will be on the recruiting trail starting Wednesday evening. During that time, Wojcik is allowed to attend meetings.
Despite the allegations, Wojcik made it clear this weekend, he has no plans on resigning.
Wojcik was hired to replace the retired Bobby Cremins in 2012. In two seasons with the Cougars, he has amassed a 38-29 record. He had previously been the head coach at Tulsa for seven seasons.
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- Bubble Banter: Boise State, St. John’s, Dayton win the day; Texas, N.C. State lose; and Kansas State? 3
- No. 1 Kentucky moves to 29-0 with blowout win over No. 18 Arkansas 2
- No. 11 Wichita State wins the Missouri Valley by knocking off No. 10 Northern Iowa 1
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)