Jul 8, 2014, 8:30 PM EST
The first of three July evaluation periods begins on Wednesday at 5 p.m. The College of Charleston has decided that head coach Doug Wojcik will not be on the recruiting trail this week. It had been recently reported that he was under investigation for alleged verbal abuse directed at players.
At the start of the month, it was reported that the school had hired investigators to look into the day-to-day operations of the men’s basketball team. Last Thursday, a 50-page report was obtained and released, detailing complaints made by members of the program, ranging from personal insults to threats.
During the live periods, the head coach and three assistant coaches are allowed to be on the road. Meaning, Wojcik’s three assistant — Antonio Reynolds Dean, Joe Wallace and Ryan Freeberg — will be on the recruiting trail starting Wednesday evening. During that time, Wojcik is allowed to attend meetings.
Despite the allegations, Wojcik made it clear this weekend, he has no plans on resigning.
Wojcik was hired to replace the retired Bobby Cremins in 2012. In two seasons with the Cougars, he has amassed a 38-29 record. He had previously been the head coach at Tulsa for seven seasons.
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Penn State unveils new uniforms for next two games (5)