Jul 8, 2014, 8:30 PM EST
The first of three July evaluation periods begins on Wednesday at 5 p.m. The College of Charleston has decided that head coach Doug Wojcik will not be on the recruiting trail this week. It had been recently reported that he was under investigation for alleged verbal abuse directed at players.
At the start of the month, it was reported that the school had hired investigators to look into the day-to-day operations of the men’s basketball team. Last Thursday, a 50-page report was obtained and released, detailing complaints made by members of the program, ranging from personal insults to threats.
During the live periods, the head coach and three assistant coaches are allowed to be on the road. Meaning, Wojcik’s three assistant — Antonio Reynolds Dean, Joe Wallace and Ryan Freeberg — will be on the recruiting trail starting Wednesday evening. During that time, Wojcik is allowed to attend meetings.
Despite the allegations, Wojcik made it clear this weekend, he has no plans on resigning.
Wojcik was hired to replace the retired Bobby Cremins in 2012. In two seasons with the Cougars, he has amassed a 38-29 record. He had previously been the head coach at Tulsa for seven seasons.
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 0
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 2
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)