Jul 8, 2014, 3:51 PM EDT
Memphis center Dominic Woodson was involved in a physical altercation with a football player in which the football player was the aggressor, assaulting one of the Memphis academic advisors and throwing Woodson to the ground, according to a report from the Memphis Commercial-Appeal.
The paper obtained a copy of the police report.
Robert Davis, a 5-foot-8 redshirt freshman running back, was the football player involved in the incident, which was the result of a dispute over a girl.
Here’s how the Commercial-Appeal described the incident:
Woodson and Davis were involved in a verbal disagreement — over a female, a source told The CA last week — that became physical after Davis grabbed U of M Associate Director of Athletic Academics Kristin Williams and “shoved her to the floor” to get to Woodson.
The 5-8, 170-pound Davis then lunged at Woodson, according to the report, and took the 6-10, 290-pound forward to the ground, resulting in “minor sheet rock damage to the walls in the area as a result of the assault.”
Memphis head coach Josh Pastner has not said whether or not Woodson will be punished for this incident, and if Davis was the aggressor, Woodson may be off the hook. The problem is that Woodson’s mouth has gotten him into trouble before. He was kicked off the bench during a game against Central Florida last season and suspended for three games for cursing.
Woodson was also suspended for the Tiger’s trip to Raleigh for the NCAA tournament and was ejected from a win over Gonzaga for this flagrant foul.
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 0
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- July Live Period Preview: Four story lines to follow from Las Vegas 0
- Drake committed an NCAA violation while at Kentucky’s Big Blue Madness (11)
- List for potential nicknames for North Dakota down to five (8)
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Is adidas giving their basketball programs throwback jerseys? (PHOTOS) (3)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)