Jul 8, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
UC Irvine has landed a commitment from Brandon Smith a 6-foot-5 left-handed wing from California.
Smith is just a two-star recruit, but he’s considered by many out west to be a great pickup for one of the best programs in the Big West.
The Anteaters won the Big West last season, and with three of their top four scorers from last season returning, they should be able to compete for the league title again this season.
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 0
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason 3
- UConn lands former Seton Hall guard Sterling Gibbs, eligible immediately 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- NCAA rules committee proposes 30-second shot clock, fewer timeouts (5)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (5)
- St. John’s lands 2015 point guard Marcus LoVett Jr. (4)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (4)