Jul 8, 2014, 10:19 PM EDT
Rick Brunson was arrested on June 25, charged with attempted sexual assault, sexual abuse, and third-degree aggravated battery. Brunson was reportedly going to be hired as an assistant coach at Temple.
On Tuesday evening, it was Lisa Black of the Chicago Tribune reported that Brunson used the name of a former NBA player to book a massage appointment at a Life Time Fitness Center on April 2.
For three years, 2010-2013, Brunson had booked massages with the same masseuse, but due to an undisclosed issue in 2013, the unidentified masseuse informed Brunson she would no longer no longer give him massages. On April 2, Brunson booked a massage under the name “Patrick Ewing”.
“Brunson admitted to her that he booked the massage under a different name. … (She) believed he used a fake name to book the massage because she had told him in 2013 that she would not massage him anymore. (She) reluctantly agreed to massage him since he was already there,” the report stated according to the Tribune.
The fitness center revoked his membership a week later. That same day, he attempted to contact the victim several times.
On June 25, the same day as the arrest, it was reported Brunson would be set to join the Temple coaching staff. Brunson’s son, Jalen, is a five-star recruit, believed to be the top point guard in the Class of 2015 by Rivals. He is considering Temple, his father’s alma mater, along with many high-major offers.
- Norman Powell sees defense, rebounding as keys for UCLA 0
- How can Wichita State build on the two best years in program history? 0
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Xavier’s new court design? Cincy’s skyline, but not chili (PHOTO) (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)