Jul 8, 2014, 10:19 PM EST
Rick Brunson was arrested on June 25, charged with attempted sexual assault, sexual abuse, and third-degree aggravated battery. Brunson was reportedly going to be hired as an assistant coach at Temple.
On Tuesday evening, it was Lisa Black of the Chicago Tribune reported that Brunson used the name of a former NBA player to book a massage appointment at a Life Time Fitness Center on April 2.
For three years, 2010-2013, Brunson had booked massages with the same masseuse, but due to an undisclosed issue in 2013, the unidentified masseuse informed Brunson she would no longer no longer give him massages. On April 2, Brunson booked a massage under the name “Patrick Ewing”.
“Brunson admitted to her that he booked the massage under a different name. … (She) believed he used a fake name to book the massage because she had told him in 2013 that she would not massage him anymore. (She) reluctantly agreed to massage him since he was already there,” the report stated according to the Tribune.
The fitness center revoked his membership a week later. That same day, he attempted to contact the victim several times.
On June 25, the same day as the arrest, it was reported Brunson would be set to join the Temple coaching staff. Brunson’s son, Jalen, is a five-star recruit, believed to be the top point guard in the Class of 2015 by Rivals. He is considering Temple, his father’s alma mater, along with many high-major offers.
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 0
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 1
- Michigan State’s efficient three-point shooting is key for 2014-15 success 0
- No. 11 Wichita State rallies from 11 down to beat Alabama thanks to Van Vleet (VIDEO) 0
- The Ten Most Important Midseason Additions 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: New faces are popping up in our top ten 0
- Dana Altman says Oregon’s hands up, don’t shoot protest not ‘appropriate time’ (20)
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (5)
- Self says No. 10 Kansas is ‘not good right now’, and that should scare you (4)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (4)