Jul 8, 2014, 7:15 PM EDT
The evening before the start of the most important recruiting period of the year, Stanford landed its first commitment in the Class of 2015. Chattahoochee High (Georgia) small forward Marcus Sheffield announced that he had committed to the Pac-12 program on Tuesday afternoon.
Committed to Stanford University today 🏀🏀👌
— (@Schemefield) July 8, 2014
The 6-foot-5 wing was a four-star recruit, ranked No. 83 overall in the class by Rivals. He held scholarship offers from Clemson, Florida State, Georgia, Kansas State, Maryland and Xavier. On the grassroots circuit, he is playing for Game Elite in the adidas Gauntlet. Sheffield is averaging 13.3 points per game, second on the team to Jaylen Brown, who has jumped to the No. 3 rated player in the country this summer.
Stanford is coming off a season when it reached the NCAA tournament for the first time since 2008.
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 0
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason 3
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (8)
- NCAA rules committee proposes 30-second shot clock, fewer timeouts (5)
- St. John’s lands 2015 point guard Marcus LoVett Jr. (4)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (4)