Jul 9, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
Iowa State transfer Bubu Palo is no longer committed to Colorado State, according to a report from the Ames Tribune.
Palo graduated this spring, but in order to play at any school next season, he will need an NCAA waiver for a sixth year of eligibility.
The last two years have been tough for Palo. He was suspended from the program after he was accused of a sexual assault back in September of 2012, getting reinstated and playing in 17 games after the charges were dropped in January of 2013. A judicial affairs committee at the school kicked him out in August, but he won an appeal on that ruling and was, again, reinstated to the team.
He didn’t play this past season, however, as Iowa State won the Big 12 tournament and made the Sweet 16 of the NCAA tournament.
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 0
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 0
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)