Jul 9, 2014, 12:00 PM EST
Iowa State transfer Bubu Palo is no longer committed to Colorado State, according to a report from the Ames Tribune.
Palo graduated this spring, but in order to play at any school next season, he will need an NCAA waiver for a sixth year of eligibility.
The last two years have been tough for Palo. He was suspended from the program after he was accused of a sexual assault back in September of 2012, getting reinstated and playing in 17 games after the charges were dropped in January of 2013. A judicial affairs committee at the school kicked him out in August, but he won an appeal on that ruling and was, again, reinstated to the team.
He didn’t play this past season, however, as Iowa State won the Big 12 tournament and made the Sweet 16 of the NCAA tournament.
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 0
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 1
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- Bracket Update: Upcoming stretch could have major impact on Duke’s NCAA seeding 2
- Sister’s illness makes for a bittersweet homecoming for Tulsa head coach Frank Haith 0
- Weekend Preview: Things are heating up in the Big 12, plus Coach K No. 1,000? 0
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (12)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)