Jul 10, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
Virginia Tech has lost a fifth member of last season’s team.
C.J. Barksdale will not return to the Hokies next season, according to a report from the Washington Post on Thursday morning.
Forwards Trevor Thompson, Maurice Kirby and Marshall Wood and guard Ben Emegolou have already left the program this offseason, leaving just five scholarship players returning.
Buzz Williams has done a fine job turning over the roster, however. He’s added four freshmen in the class of 2014 as well as a handful of transfers, and with a pair of scholarships still available in 2014-2015, he may not be done yet. Andrew White, a former Kansas wing, is a native of Richmond, Va., and reportedly on Virginia Tech’s wishlist.
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- AAU Nationals Friday Recap: Event moves to Louisville, Bruce Brown plays well, Noah Dickerson updates recruitment 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Class of 2015 Draft 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (2)