Jul 10, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
Virginia Tech has lost a fifth member of last season’s team.
C.J. Barksdale will not return to the Hokies next season, according to a report from the Washington Post on Thursday morning.
Forwards Trevor Thompson, Maurice Kirby and Marshall Wood and guard Ben Emegolou have already left the program this offseason, leaving just five scholarship players returning.
Buzz Williams has done a fine job turning over the roster, however. He’s added four freshmen in the class of 2014 as well as a handful of transfers, and with a pair of scholarships still available in 2014-2015, he may not be done yet. Andrew White, a former Kansas wing, is a native of Richmond, Va., and reportedly on Virginia Tech’s wishlist.
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 24
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)