Jul 10, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
Virginia Tech has lost a fifth member of last season’s team.
C.J. Barksdale will not return to the Hokies next season, according to a report from the Washington Post on Thursday morning.
Forwards Trevor Thompson, Maurice Kirby and Marshall Wood and guard Ben Emegolou have already left the program this offseason, leaving just five scholarship players returning.
Buzz Williams has done a fine job turning over the roster, however. He’s added four freshmen in the class of 2014 as well as a handful of transfers, and with a pair of scholarships still available in 2014-2015, he may not be done yet. Andrew White, a former Kansas wing, is a native of Richmond, Va., and reportedly on Virginia Tech’s wishlist.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Winona State coach Mike Leaf resigned after player accused him of making drunken sexual advances (6)
- Throwback Thursday: Which Jim Calhoun rant was the best Jim Calhoun rant? (3)
- Tulsa gets 2016 commitment from former Wichita State guard (2)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)