Jul 10, 2014, 1:15 PM EST
Virginia Tech has lost a fifth member of last season’s team.
C.J. Barksdale will not return to the Hokies next season, according to a report from the Washington Post on Thursday morning.
Forwards Trevor Thompson, Maurice Kirby and Marshall Wood and guard Ben Emegolou have already left the program this offseason, leaving just five scholarship players returning.
Buzz Williams has done a fine job turning over the roster, however. He’s added four freshmen in the class of 2014 as well as a handful of transfers, and with a pair of scholarships still available in 2014-2015, he may not be done yet. Andrew White, a former Kansas wing, is a native of Richmond, Va., and reportedly on Virginia Tech’s wishlist.
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)