Jul 12, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
Alabama redshirt junior guard Retin Obasohan had successful surgery on his left ankle, according to a release from the University.
The 6-foot-1 guard had an arthroscopic procedure done on his left ankle and should be able to return in time for the beginning of the season.
Obasohan played in 30 games last season and is the Tide’s second-leading returning scorer at 9.5 points per game. The native of Belgium also averaged three rebounds, 1.6 assists and 1.8 steals per game while shooting 38 percent from the field and 24 percent from three-point range.
While Obasohan likely won’t miss any game action, this type of surgery will prevent the guard from getting in the gym and working on his game this summer.
- Oklahoma State lands commitment from elite point guard in 2015 0
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Frank Haith lands first commitment as head coach at Tulsa (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)