Jul 12, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
Alabama redshirt junior guard Retin Obasohan had successful surgery on his left ankle, according to a release from the University.
The 6-foot-1 guard had an arthroscopic procedure done on his left ankle and should be able to return in time for the beginning of the season.
Obasohan played in 30 games last season and is the Tide’s second-leading returning scorer at 9.5 points per game. The native of Belgium also averaged three rebounds, 1.6 assists and 1.8 steals per game while shooting 38 percent from the field and 24 percent from three-point range.
While Obasohan likely won’t miss any game action, this type of surgery will prevent the guard from getting in the gym and working on his game this summer.
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)