Jul 12, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
Alabama redshirt junior guard Retin Obasohan had successful surgery on his left ankle, according to a release from the University.
The 6-foot-1 guard had an arthroscopic procedure done on his left ankle and should be able to return in time for the beginning of the season.
Obasohan played in 30 games last season and is the Tide’s second-leading returning scorer at 9.5 points per game. The native of Belgium also averaged three rebounds, 1.6 assists and 1.8 steals per game while shooting 38 percent from the field and 24 percent from three-point range.
While Obasohan likely won’t miss any game action, this type of surgery will prevent the guard from getting in the gym and working on his game this summer.
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (4)
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)