Jul 12, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
Alabama redshirt junior guard Retin Obasohan had successful surgery on his left ankle, according to a release from the University.
The 6-foot-1 guard had an arthroscopic procedure done on his left ankle and should be able to return in time for the beginning of the season.
Obasohan played in 30 games last season and is the Tide’s second-leading returning scorer at 9.5 points per game. The native of Belgium also averaged three rebounds, 1.6 assists and 1.8 steals per game while shooting 38 percent from the field and 24 percent from three-point range.
While Obasohan likely won’t miss any game action, this type of surgery will prevent the guard from getting in the gym and working on his game this summer.
- Kyle Wiltjer to return to Gonzaga for his senior season 0
- Utah’s Jakob Poeltl will return to school for his sophomore season 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Former Kansas State guard transferring to Creighton 0
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)