Jul 12, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
Alabama redshirt junior guard Retin Obasohan had successful surgery on his left ankle, according to a release from the University.
The 6-foot-1 guard had an arthroscopic procedure done on his left ankle and should be able to return in time for the beginning of the season.
Obasohan played in 30 games last season and is the Tide’s second-leading returning scorer at 9.5 points per game. The native of Belgium also averaged three rebounds, 1.6 assists and 1.8 steals per game while shooting 38 percent from the field and 24 percent from three-point range.
While Obasohan likely won’t miss any game action, this type of surgery will prevent the guard from getting in the gym and working on his game this summer.
- Norman Powell sees defense, rebounding as keys for UCLA 0
- How can Wichita State build on the two best years in program history? 0
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Xavier’s new court design? Cincy’s skyline, but not chili (PHOTO) (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)