Jul 13, 2014, 1:43 PM EST
Georgia rising junior forward Brandon Morris was arrested on Sunday morning and is facing a felony charge of marijuana possession with intent to distribute, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
Morris was arrested at approximately 3:21 a.m. on Sunday. He was released on $2,500 bond just before noon, according to the Athens-Clarke County jail booking report.
The 6-foot-7 Morris averaged 8.6 points, 3.4 rebounds and 1.4 assists per game for the Bulldogs as a junior. In conference play, he scored in double figures eight times, as Georgia went on to finish third in the SEC standings. However, he had his problems on and off the floor, resulting in a three-game suspension at the beginning of the season for disciplinary reasons.
According to the Athens Banner-Herald, Georgia head coach Mark Fox is aware of the arrest, though, he is on the recruiting trial. A statement will not be issued on Sunday.
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 0
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 1
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- Bracket Update: Upcoming stretch could have major impact on Duke’s NCAA seeding 2
- Sister’s illness makes for a bittersweet homecoming for Tulsa head coach Frank Haith 0
- Weekend Preview: Things are heating up in the Big 12, plus Coach K No. 1,000? 0
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (12)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)