Jul 13, 2014, 1:43 PM EDT
Georgia rising junior forward Brandon Morris was arrested on Sunday morning and is facing a felony charge of marijuana possession with intent to distribute, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
Morris was arrested at approximately 3:21 a.m. on Sunday. He was released on $2,500 bond just before noon, according to the Athens-Clarke County jail booking report.
The 6-foot-7 Morris averaged 8.6 points, 3.4 rebounds and 1.4 assists per game for the Bulldogs as a junior. In conference play, he scored in double figures eight times, as Georgia went on to finish third in the SEC standings. However, he had his problems on and off the floor, resulting in a three-game suspension at the beginning of the season for disciplinary reasons.
According to the Athens Banner-Herald, Georgia head coach Mark Fox is aware of the arrest, though, he is on the recruiting trial. A statement will not be issued on Sunday.
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (3)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Missouri State’s Marcus Marshall works to strengthen knee, leadership abilities (2)