Jul 13, 2014, 1:43 PM EDT
Georgia rising junior forward Brandon Morris was arrested on Sunday morning and is facing a felony charge of marijuana possession with intent to distribute, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
Morris was arrested at approximately 3:21 a.m. on Sunday. He was released on $2,500 bond just before noon, according to the Athens-Clarke County jail booking report.
The 6-foot-7 Morris averaged 8.6 points, 3.4 rebounds and 1.4 assists per game for the Bulldogs as a junior. In conference play, he scored in double figures eight times, as Georgia went on to finish third in the SEC standings. However, he had his problems on and off the floor, resulting in a three-game suspension at the beginning of the season for disciplinary reasons.
According to the Athens Banner-Herald, Georgia head coach Mark Fox is aware of the arrest, though, he is on the recruiting trial. A statement will not be issued on Sunday.
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 0
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ 2
- Arizona lands four-star center to potential No. 1 recruiting class in 2015 0
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility 3
- In-state power forward verbally commits to UConn 0
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)
- Arizona State commit arrested for allegedly shoplifting less than $20 in DVDs from Walmart (3)
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility (3)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (3)