Jul 13, 2014, 1:43 PM EDT
Georgia rising junior forward Brandon Morris was arrested on Sunday morning and is facing a felony charge of marijuana possession with intent to distribute, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
Morris was arrested at approximately 3:21 a.m. on Sunday. He was released on $2,500 bond just before noon, according to the Athens-Clarke County jail booking report.
The 6-foot-7 Morris averaged 8.6 points, 3.4 rebounds and 1.4 assists per game for the Bulldogs as a junior. In conference play, he scored in double figures eight times, as Georgia went on to finish third in the SEC standings. However, he had his problems on and off the floor, resulting in a three-game suspension at the beginning of the season for disciplinary reasons.
According to the Athens Banner-Herald, Georgia head coach Mark Fox is aware of the arrest, though, he is on the recruiting trial. A statement will not be issued on Sunday.
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Green Bay’s Keifer Sykes maintains the chip on his shoulder 0
- Skal Labissiere, Reach Your Dreams Prep and why this isn’t as scuzzy as it sounds 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 9 Gonzaga Bulldogs 2
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)