Jul 13, 2014, 1:43 PM EDT
Georgia rising junior forward Brandon Morris was arrested on Sunday morning and is facing a felony charge of marijuana possession with intent to distribute, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
Morris was arrested at approximately 3:21 a.m. on Sunday. He was released on $2,500 bond just before noon, according to the Athens-Clarke County jail booking report.
The 6-foot-7 Morris averaged 8.6 points, 3.4 rebounds and 1.4 assists per game for the Bulldogs as a junior. In conference play, he scored in double figures eight times, as Georgia went on to finish third in the SEC standings. However, he had his problems on and off the floor, resulting in a three-game suspension at the beginning of the season for disciplinary reasons.
According to the Athens Banner-Herald, Georgia head coach Mark Fox is aware of the arrest, though, he is on the recruiting trial. A statement will not be issued on Sunday.
- How can Wichita State build on the two best years in program history? 0
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Xavier’s new court design? Cincy’s skyline, but not chili (PHOTO) (2)