Jul 14, 2014, 12:50 PM EDT
Brandon Morris has been kicked off of the Georgia basketball team, head coach Mark Fox announced on Monday.
“This program has a strong expectation of citizenship and every one of our players understands this,” Fox said. “This expectation does not mean that mistakes will not happen. When they do I always deal with them appropriately. Brandon had a very clear understanding of our expectation. Unfortunately, I’ve had to dismiss him from our team.”
“We’ve offered Brandon as much help as we can as he leaves, in hope that he can continue his career somewhere else.”
Morris was arrested early Sunday morning while Fox was on the road recruiting. He is facing a felony charge of possession of marijuana with intent to distribute.
The 6-foot-7 Morris averaged 8.6 points, 3.4 rebounds and 1.4 assists for an overachieving Bulldog team last season. He started 25 games as a sophomore last year.
- Norman Powell sees defense, rebounding as keys for UCLA 0
- How can Wichita State build on the two best years in program history? 0
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Xavier’s new court design? Cincy’s skyline, but not chili (PHOTO) (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)