Jul 14, 2014, 12:50 PM EST
Brandon Morris has been kicked off of the Georgia basketball team, head coach Mark Fox announced on Monday.
“This program has a strong expectation of citizenship and every one of our players understands this,” Fox said. “This expectation does not mean that mistakes will not happen. When they do I always deal with them appropriately. Brandon had a very clear understanding of our expectation. Unfortunately, I’ve had to dismiss him from our team.”
“We’ve offered Brandon as much help as we can as he leaves, in hope that he can continue his career somewhere else.”
Morris was arrested early Sunday morning while Fox was on the road recruiting. He is facing a felony charge of possession of marijuana with intent to distribute.
The 6-foot-7 Morris averaged 8.6 points, 3.4 rebounds and 1.4 assists for an overachieving Bulldog team last season. He started 25 games as a sophomore last year.
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 0
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 13
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Wisconsin’s loss to Maryland a massive blow, but not for the reasons you think 4
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)