Jul 14, 2014, 12:50 PM EDT
Brandon Morris has been kicked off of the Georgia basketball team, head coach Mark Fox announced on Monday.
“This program has a strong expectation of citizenship and every one of our players understands this,” Fox said. “This expectation does not mean that mistakes will not happen. When they do I always deal with them appropriately. Brandon had a very clear understanding of our expectation. Unfortunately, I’ve had to dismiss him from our team.”
“We’ve offered Brandon as much help as we can as he leaves, in hope that he can continue his career somewhere else.”
Morris was arrested early Sunday morning while Fox was on the road recruiting. He is facing a felony charge of possession of marijuana with intent to distribute.
The 6-foot-7 Morris averaged 8.6 points, 3.4 rebounds and 1.4 assists for an overachieving Bulldog team last season. He started 25 games as a sophomore last year.
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason 4
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason (4)