Jul 14, 2014, 7:37 PM EDT
Colorado State added a junior college transfer when the school announced the addition of former Oregon wing Fred Richardson III. The Rams announced the move in an official release from the school.
The 6-foot-6 Richardson played in 10 games for Oregon during the 2012-13 season, averaging 5.1 minutes per game before transferring to Lee College. Richardson will have two years of eligibility remaining for the Rams.
“We are excited to add Fred to our program,” Colorado State head coach Larry Eustachy said in the release. “We feel very fortunate to add a player of his caliber at this point in the recruiting process. He has good size and will bring a versatile skill set to our program. He has experience at the Division 1 level, and played in one of the best junior college leagues in the country. On top of being a good basketball player, Fred also is a great student and a person of high character”
At Lee College, Richardson averaged 15.8 points and 7.1 rebounds per game. He shot 41 percent from the field and 36 percent from beyond the three-point line. The addition of Richardson should help offset the loss of graduate transfer Jon Octeus to UCLA.
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Watch Kentucky fans sprinting to line up for Big Blue Madness tickets (VIDEO) (2)
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference (2)