Jul 14, 2014, 7:37 PM EDT
Colorado State added a junior college transfer when the school announced the addition of former Oregon wing Fred Richardson III. The Rams announced the move in an official release from the school.
The 6-foot-6 Richardson played in 10 games for Oregon during the 2012-13 season, averaging 5.1 minutes per game before transferring to Lee College. Richardson will have two years of eligibility remaining for the Rams.
“We are excited to add Fred to our program,” Colorado State head coach Larry Eustachy said in the release. “We feel very fortunate to add a player of his caliber at this point in the recruiting process. He has good size and will bring a versatile skill set to our program. He has experience at the Division 1 level, and played in one of the best junior college leagues in the country. On top of being a good basketball player, Fred also is a great student and a person of high character”
At Lee College, Richardson averaged 15.8 points and 7.1 rebounds per game. He shot 41 percent from the field and 36 percent from beyond the three-point line. The addition of Richardson should help offset the loss of graduate transfer Jon Octeus to UCLA.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- 2015 NBA Draft: Pat Connaughton, Montrezl Harrell headline list of second round steals 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings (18)
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- NBA Draft Winners: Seven teams that should be happy with their draft (3)