Jul 14, 2014, 7:37 PM EST
Colorado State added a junior college transfer when the school announced the addition of former Oregon wing Fred Richardson III. The Rams announced the move in an official release from the school.
The 6-foot-6 Richardson played in 10 games for Oregon during the 2012-13 season, averaging 5.1 minutes per game before transferring to Lee College. Richardson will have two years of eligibility remaining for the Rams.
“We are excited to add Fred to our program,” Colorado State head coach Larry Eustachy said in the release. “We feel very fortunate to add a player of his caliber at this point in the recruiting process. He has good size and will bring a versatile skill set to our program. He has experience at the Division 1 level, and played in one of the best junior college leagues in the country. On top of being a good basketball player, Fred also is a great student and a person of high character”
At Lee College, Richardson averaged 15.8 points and 7.1 rebounds per game. He shot 41 percent from the field and 36 percent from beyond the three-point line. The addition of Richardson should help offset the loss of graduate transfer Jon Octeus to UCLA.
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 11
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s essentially a two-man race at this point 3
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (12)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)