Jul 14, 2014, 7:37 PM EDT
Colorado State added a junior college transfer when the school announced the addition of former Oregon wing Fred Richardson III. The Rams announced the move in an official release from the school.
The 6-foot-6 Richardson played in 10 games for Oregon during the 2012-13 season, averaging 5.1 minutes per game before transferring to Lee College. Richardson will have two years of eligibility remaining for the Rams.
“We are excited to add Fred to our program,” Colorado State head coach Larry Eustachy said in the release. “We feel very fortunate to add a player of his caliber at this point in the recruiting process. He has good size and will bring a versatile skill set to our program. He has experience at the Division 1 level, and played in one of the best junior college leagues in the country. On top of being a good basketball player, Fred also is a great student and a person of high character”
At Lee College, Richardson averaged 15.8 points and 7.1 rebounds per game. He shot 41 percent from the field and 36 percent from beyond the three-point line. The addition of Richardson should help offset the loss of graduate transfer Jon Octeus to UCLA.
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 6
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 3
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (6)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)