Jul 14, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
Ben Emelogu has found a landing spot.
The 6-foot-5 guard from Texas committed to SMU Monday afternoon, according to multiple reports. He announced that he would be leaving Virginia Tech earlier this month.
Emelogu averaged 10.5 points and shot 37.0% from three as a freshman. He will have to sit out the 2014-2015 season, but he will have three seasons of eligibility remaining beginning in 2015.
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- John Calipari can be a great coach with being an x’s-and-o’s mastermind 4
- Louisville’s Terry Rozier is ready for his bigger role this season 1
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- John Calipari calls Mike Francesa’s radio show to complain about a critique (AUDIO) (7)
- Rupp Arena ranked college hoops’ best home venue, Cameron Indoor 31st? (6)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)