Jul 14, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
Ben Emelogu has found a landing spot.
The 6-foot-5 guard from Texas committed to SMU Monday afternoon, according to multiple reports. He announced that he would be leaving Virginia Tech earlier this month.
Emelogu averaged 10.5 points and shot 37.0% from three as a freshman. He will have to sit out the 2014-2015 season, but he will have three seasons of eligibility remaining beginning in 2015.
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 0
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Indiana’s summer workouts look intense (VIDEO) (4)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (3)