Jul 14, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
Ben Emelogu has found a landing spot.
The 6-foot-5 guard from Texas committed to SMU Monday afternoon, according to multiple reports. He announced that he would be leaving Virginia Tech earlier this month.
Emelogu averaged 10.5 points and shot 37.0% from three as a freshman. He will have to sit out the 2014-2015 season, but he will have three seasons of eligibility remaining beginning in 2015.
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 5
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (5)