Jul 14, 2014, 4:00 PM EST
Ben Emelogu has found a landing spot.
The 6-foot-5 guard from Texas committed to SMU Monday afternoon, according to multiple reports. He announced that he would be leaving Virginia Tech earlier this month.
Emelogu averaged 10.5 points and shot 37.0% from three as a freshman. He will have to sit out the 2014-2015 season, but he will have three seasons of eligibility remaining beginning in 2015.
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program 13
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 1
- Weekly Awards: LaDontae Henton, West Virginia with notable performances 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (13)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (4)
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? (3)