Jul 14, 2014, 6:24 PM EDT
Deng Adel has committed to Louisville, a source told NBCSports.
Adel is a 6-foot-7 wing forward from South Sudan by way of Australia that plays his high school ball at Victory Rock Prep in Florida. He also just so happens to be the kind of talent that is pushing for five-star status. Rivals currently has his ranked as the No. 46 player in the class of 2015, but that could change by the time the high school season begins again.
Adel has long been thought to be a Louisville lean. His cousin, Mangok Mathiang, is on the Louisville roster and he visited the campus last month.
Adel is a high-level athlete that excels in transition and has range out to the three-point line when he’s given space and time. Assistant coach Mike Balado was the point man on Adel’s recruitment.
The news was first reported by Scout.com.
- No. 2 Arizona pulls away from No. 6 Xavier, setting up West regional final rematch 0
- No. 3 Notre Dame knocks off No. 7 Wichita State to get to the Elite 8 17
- Tradition of success through change raises expectations at Xavier 1
- Sweet 16 Preview: The top 16 players left in the tournament 11
- Sweet 16 Preview: The x-factor in each game this week 1
- Ranking the Sweet 16 matchups 8
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close 36
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Updated tournament records: Kentucky moves SEC above .500 (23)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)
- Reports: Indiana coach Tom Crean said ‘you suck’ to referee after loss to Wichita State (19)
- NCAA’s Mark Emmert calls Indiana’s religious freedom bill ‘especially concerning’ (18)