Jul 14, 2014, 6:24 PM EST
Deng Adel has committed to Louisville, a source told NBCSports.
Adel is a 6-foot-7 wing forward from South Sudan by way of Australia that plays his high school ball at Victory Rock Prep in Florida. He also just so happens to be the kind of talent that is pushing for five-star status. Rivals currently has his ranked as the No. 46 player in the class of 2015, but that could change by the time the high school season begins again.
Adel has long been thought to be a Louisville lean. His cousin, Mangok Mathiang, is on the Louisville roster and he visited the campus last month.
Adel is a high-level athlete that excels in transition and has range out to the three-point line when he’s given space and time. Assistant coach Mike Balado was the point man on Adel’s recruitment.
The news was first reported by Scout.com.
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 0
- Weekly Awards: LaDontae Henton, West Virginia with notable performances 0
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? 4
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 1
- West Virginia shows signs of progress in Puerto Rico Tipoff win over No. 17 UConn 1
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)