Jul 14, 2014, 6:24 PM EDT
Deng Adel has committed to Louisville, a source told NBCSports.
Adel is a 6-foot-7 wing forward from South Sudan by way of Australia that plays his high school ball at Victory Rock Prep in Florida. He also just so happens to be the kind of talent that is pushing for five-star status. Rivals currently has his ranked as the No. 46 player in the class of 2015, but that could change by the time the high school season begins again.
Adel has long been thought to be a Louisville lean. His cousin, Mangok Mathiang, is on the Louisville roster and he visited the campus last month.
Adel is a high-level athlete that excels in transition and has range out to the three-point line when he’s given space and time. Assistant coach Mike Balado was the point man on Adel’s recruitment.
The news was first reported by Scout.com.
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- 10 year old Ohio State fan worried heart surgery would make him love Michigan (1)
- Seton Hall to give scholarship basketball players $2,600 towards cost of attendance (1)
- Indiana president none too pleased with recent legal issues involving student-athletes (1)
- Throwback Thursday: When we realized Russell Westbrook was a freak (VIDEO) (1)