Jul 14, 2014, 6:24 PM EDT
Deng Adel has committed to Louisville, a source told NBCSports.
Adel is a 6-foot-7 wing forward from South Sudan by way of Australia that plays his high school ball at Victory Rock Prep in Florida. He also just so happens to be the kind of talent that is pushing for five-star status. Rivals currently has his ranked as the No. 46 player in the class of 2015, but that could change by the time the high school season begins again.
Adel has long been thought to be a Louisville lean. His cousin, Mangok Mathiang, is on the Louisville roster and he visited the campus last month.
Adel is a high-level athlete that excels in transition and has range out to the three-point line when he’s given space and time. Assistant coach Mike Balado was the point man on Adel’s recruitment.
The news was first reported by Scout.com.
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 37
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (37)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)