Jul 15, 2014, 8:45 PM EST
Following his second arrest in a three-month span, Iowa rising sophomore guard Peter Jok was suspended indefinitely from all team-related activities, the school announced on Tuesday evening.
On April 27, Jok, 20, was arrested for operating a motor vehicle while intoxicating after being stopped by police for making an illegal turn on his moped around 2:40 a.m. in Iowa City. Monday night, Jok was arrested for driving his moped without a license. He was pulled over for an illegal taillight and a missing safety flag. Both those infractions were documented in his previous arrest.
“In light of last night’s moped incident, I’ve decided to suspend Peter Jok indefinitely from all University of Iowa basketball-related activities,” Iowa head coach Fran McCaffery said in a statement. “We support Peter, but we’re not happy with his recent pattern of behavior.
“In the interim, Peter will continue to attend summer school classes, participate in community service projects and take time to work on things internally, as outlined in accordance with the student-athlete Code of Conduct. We will monitor his progress and go from there.”
The 6-foot-6 Jok appeared in 27 games as a freshman for one of the deepest teams in the country. He averaged 4.4 points in 9.4 minutes per game, shooting close to 35 percent from beyond the arc. He recorded one of his six double-digit scoring performances in the Hawkeyes’ last game of the season, with 10 points, off 4-of-5 shooting in 16 minutes, in a First Four loss to Tennessee.
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 0
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 4
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky are still 1-2 (5)