Jul 15, 2014, 10:31 AM EDT
Iowa’s rising sophomore guard Peter Jok was arrested on Monday night for driving his moped while his license is suspended.
Jok, whose given name is Kacoul Dut Jok, was stopped just before midnight on Monday night because of an illegal tail light and no safety flag.
“Fran and I were made aware of the incident involving Peter Jok and a moped this morning,” Iowa athletic director Gary Barta said in a statement given to CBS2 in Iowa. “We don’t yet know all the facts, but we are gathering those today. I’m very disappointed to learn about this, especially in light of the fact that Peter had a previous incident earlier this summer. We will work through this in accordance to our student-athlete Code of Conduct and team rules.”
The previous incident that Barta is referring to is a drunk driving charge that Jok received back in early May. He was arrested and charged with an OWI after getting pulled over on his moped with a BAC of .087.
Jok played in 27 games as a freshman and averaged 4.4 points.
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (4)
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)