Jul 15, 2014, 10:31 AM EDT
Iowa’s rising sophomore guard Peter Jok was arrested on Monday night for driving his moped while his license is suspended.
Jok, whose given name is Kacoul Dut Jok, was stopped just before midnight on Monday night because of an illegal tail light and no safety flag.
“Fran and I were made aware of the incident involving Peter Jok and a moped this morning,” Iowa athletic director Gary Barta said in a statement given to CBS2 in Iowa. “We don’t yet know all the facts, but we are gathering those today. I’m very disappointed to learn about this, especially in light of the fact that Peter had a previous incident earlier this summer. We will work through this in accordance to our student-athlete Code of Conduct and team rules.”
The previous incident that Barta is referring to is a drunk driving charge that Jok received back in early May. He was arrested and charged with an OWI after getting pulled over on his moped with a BAC of .087.
Jok played in 27 games as a freshman and averaged 4.4 points.
- Re-ranking Recruiting Classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2009? 1
- Florida State lands commitment from five-star 2016 prospect 0
- USA U19 team wins in overtime of gold-medal game over Croatia at FIBA World Championships 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Bill Self impresses South Korean students with jumper (VIDEO) (3)
- Michigan basketball will change to Jordan Brand from adidas as school announces new Nike deal (3)
- Senior mixtape of 7-foot-6 UCF incoming freshman Tacko Fall (VIDEO) (2)
- Rick Barnes finally addresses accusations against Texas (2)
- Steph Curry misses a dunk staring at his phone, runs to camera to see it (VIDEO) (2)