Jul 15, 2014, 10:31 AM EDT
Iowa’s rising sophomore guard Peter Jok was arrested on Monday night for driving his moped while his license is suspended.
Jok, whose given name is Kacoul Dut Jok, was stopped just before midnight on Monday night because of an illegal tail light and no safety flag.
“Fran and I were made aware of the incident involving Peter Jok and a moped this morning,” Iowa athletic director Gary Barta said in a statement given to CBS2 in Iowa. “We don’t yet know all the facts, but we are gathering those today. I’m very disappointed to learn about this, especially in light of the fact that Peter had a previous incident earlier this summer. We will work through this in accordance to our student-athlete Code of Conduct and team rules.”
The previous incident that Barta is referring to is a drunk driving charge that Jok received back in early May. He was arrested and charged with an OWI after getting pulled over on his moped with a BAC of .087.
Jok played in 27 games as a freshman and averaged 4.4 points.
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 1
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)