Jul 15, 2014, 10:31 AM EDT
Iowa’s rising sophomore guard Peter Jok was arrested on Monday night for driving his moped while his license is suspended.
Jok, whose given name is Kacoul Dut Jok, was stopped just before midnight on Monday night because of an illegal tail light and no safety flag.
“Fran and I were made aware of the incident involving Peter Jok and a moped this morning,” Iowa athletic director Gary Barta said in a statement given to CBS2 in Iowa. “We don’t yet know all the facts, but we are gathering those today. I’m very disappointed to learn about this, especially in light of the fact that Peter had a previous incident earlier this summer. We will work through this in accordance to our student-athlete Code of Conduct and team rules.”
The previous incident that Barta is referring to is a drunk driving charge that Jok received back in early May. He was arrested and charged with an OWI after getting pulled over on his moped with a BAC of .087.
Jok played in 27 games as a freshman and averaged 4.4 points.
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? 1
- Source: Isaac Humphries expected to commit to Kentucky, enroll in 2015 1
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)
- Wichita State forward working hard to improve offensive repertoire (3)
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)