Jul 15, 2014, 10:31 AM EDT
Iowa’s rising sophomore guard Peter Jok was arrested on Monday night for driving his moped while his license is suspended.
Jok, whose given name is Kacoul Dut Jok, was stopped just before midnight on Monday night because of an illegal tail light and no safety flag.
“Fran and I were made aware of the incident involving Peter Jok and a moped this morning,” Iowa athletic director Gary Barta said in a statement given to CBS2 in Iowa. “We don’t yet know all the facts, but we are gathering those today. I’m very disappointed to learn about this, especially in light of the fact that Peter had a previous incident earlier this summer. We will work through this in accordance to our student-athlete Code of Conduct and team rules.”
The previous incident that Barta is referring to is a drunk driving charge that Jok received back in early May. He was arrested and charged with an OWI after getting pulled over on his moped with a BAC of .087.
Jok played in 27 games as a freshman and averaged 4.4 points.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UCF lands a unique center, Tennessee’s impact wing, Saint Louis gets rising center 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 6 Virginia Cavaliers 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: College Basketball Dream Team 1
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- Sophomore guard decides to leave Kansas program (4)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)