Jul 15, 2014, 6:20 PM EDT
It was known that Jordan Allen, the former Hofstra forward, was heading to the Northeast Conference. However, it’s a different NEC program than the one he initially transferred to.
Allen announced that he would leave Hofstra after two seasons in March. It had previously been reported that he was heading to LIU-Brooklyn. On Tuesday, Adam Finkelstein of ESPN reported that Allen would enroll at Sacred Heart. The 6-foot-6 forward graduated from Hofstra this spring, and has immediate eligibility.
The redshirt sophomore averaged 6.6 points, 4.8 rebounds and 2.0 assists per game for the Pride. In both seasons, he logged more than 22 minutes per game. He will be joining a Pioneers team that finished last in the NEC in 2013-2014 with a 5-26 (2-14 NEC) record, one spot below LIU-Brooklyn, which had its streak of three NCAA tournament appearances snapped.
Allen joins guards Cane Broome and Chris Robinson in Sacred Heart’s incoming class.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)