Jul 15, 2014, 6:20 PM EST
It was known that Jordan Allen, the former Hofstra forward, was heading to the Northeast Conference. However, it’s a different NEC program than the one he initially transferred to.
Allen announced that he would leave Hofstra after two seasons in March. It had previously been reported that he was heading to LIU-Brooklyn. On Tuesday, Adam Finkelstein of ESPN reported that Allen would enroll at Sacred Heart. The 6-foot-6 forward graduated from Hofstra this spring, and has immediate eligibility.
The redshirt sophomore averaged 6.6 points, 4.8 rebounds and 2.0 assists per game for the Pride. In both seasons, he logged more than 22 minutes per game. He will be joining a Pioneers team that finished last in the NEC in 2013-2014 with a 5-26 (2-14 NEC) record, one spot below LIU-Brooklyn, which had its streak of three NCAA tournament appearances snapped.
Allen joins guards Cane Broome and Chris Robinson in Sacred Heart’s incoming class.
- Potential Cinderellas you want to win their automatic bid 2
- Virginia’s Justin Anderson could return as early as Saturday 0
- Missouri Valley Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- No. 9 Kansas rallies to beat No. 20 West Virginia in OT but injury to Perry Ellis is major concern 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how bad was Indiana’s loss to Iowa? 1
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s Frank Kaminsky’s award to win 1
- Ohio Valley Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (24)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)