Jul 15, 2014, 6:20 PM EDT
It was known that Jordan Allen, the former Hofstra forward, was heading to the Northeast Conference. However, it’s a different NEC program than the one he initially transferred to.
Allen announced that he would leave Hofstra after two seasons in March. It had previously been reported that he was heading to LIU-Brooklyn. On Tuesday, Adam Finkelstein of ESPN reported that Allen would enroll at Sacred Heart. The 6-foot-6 forward graduated from Hofstra this spring, and has immediate eligibility.
The redshirt sophomore averaged 6.6 points, 4.8 rebounds and 2.0 assists per game for the Pride. In both seasons, he logged more than 22 minutes per game. He will be joining a Pioneers team that finished last in the NEC in 2013-2014 with a 5-26 (2-14 NEC) record, one spot below LIU-Brooklyn, which had its streak of three NCAA tournament appearances snapped.
Allen joins guards Cane Broome and Chris Robinson in Sacred Heart’s incoming class.
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- July Live Period Preview: Four story lines to follow from Las Vegas 0
- July Live Period Preview: The events to keep an eye on in Vegas this week 0
- Contender for No. 1 in 2016 class, Harry Giles, cuts list to five 10
- Drake committed an NCAA violation while at Kentucky’s Big Blue Madness (11)
- Maryland fans still hate Mike Krzyzewski (8)
- List for potential nicknames for North Dakota down to five (8)
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Are college teams going to be available on NBA 2K? (3)