Jul 15, 2014, 4:45 PM EDT
On Tuesday, the Emory Sports Marketing Analytics released the top fanbases in all of college basketball for the 2013-2014 season. Like in 2013, Louisville was considered to have the best “Fan Equity” among power conferences programs. And for the second season in a row, Louisville’s rival, Kentucky, failed to crack the top 5.
Our rankings are based on a statistical analysis of self-reported revenue data. We create a statistical model of revenue as a function of team quality (winning percentage, NCAA tournament qualification, etc…) and market potential (conference affiliation, median income, area population, number of students, etc…) and then compare the model’s prediction to the self-reported revenues.
Here are the top 10, according to the criteria:
9. Oklahoma State
Duke and Arizona flip spots from a year ago while Kentucky remains No. 7. Last season the Xavier fanbase would have been listed in the “non-power” rankings, but with a move to the new Big East it debuted in the top 5. As for the “non-power” rankings, it was Dayton, not Gonzaga, to hold down the top spot.
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 7
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 4
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (7)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (4)