Jul 15, 2014, 4:45 PM EDT
On Tuesday, the Emory Sports Marketing Analytics released the top fanbases in all of college basketball for the 2013-2014 season. Like in 2013, Louisville was considered to have the best “Fan Equity” among power conferences programs. And for the second season in a row, Louisville’s rival, Kentucky, failed to crack the top 5.
Our rankings are based on a statistical analysis of self-reported revenue data. We create a statistical model of revenue as a function of team quality (winning percentage, NCAA tournament qualification, etc…) and market potential (conference affiliation, median income, area population, number of students, etc…) and then compare the model’s prediction to the self-reported revenues.
Here are the top 10, according to the criteria:
9. Oklahoma State
Duke and Arizona flip spots from a year ago while Kentucky remains No. 7. Last season the Xavier fanbase would have been listed in the “non-power” rankings, but with a move to the new Big East it debuted in the top 5. As for the “non-power” rankings, it was Dayton, not Gonzaga, to hold down the top spot.
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 0
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- ‘Value Add’ stat projects Utah’s Delon Wright as having a historic season 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Bruce Pearl gets welcomed by Auburn team, students after NCAA show-cause ends (VIDEO) 0
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (3)
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)