Jul 15, 2014, 4:45 PM EDT
On Tuesday, the Emory Sports Marketing Analytics released the top fanbases in all of college basketball for the 2013-2014 season. Like in 2013, Louisville was considered to have the best “Fan Equity” among power conferences programs. And for the second season in a row, Louisville’s rival, Kentucky, failed to crack the top 5.
Our rankings are based on a statistical analysis of self-reported revenue data. We create a statistical model of revenue as a function of team quality (winning percentage, NCAA tournament qualification, etc…) and market potential (conference affiliation, median income, area population, number of students, etc…) and then compare the model’s prediction to the self-reported revenues.
Here are the top 10, according to the criteria:
9. Oklahoma State
Duke and Arizona flip spots from a year ago while Kentucky remains No. 7. Last season the Xavier fanbase would have been listed in the “non-power” rankings, but with a move to the new Big East it debuted in the top 5. As for the “non-power” rankings, it was Dayton, not Gonzaga, to hold down the top spot.
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 1
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)