Jul 16, 2014, 10:45 AM EDT
On Tuesday, Cunonzo Martin adding to his first recruiting class at Cal, landing a commitment from Cornell graduate Dwight Tarwater.
The 6-foot-6 Tarwater will enroll in a public health master’s program at Cal, and will be eligible immediately. This news was first reported by Jon Rothstein of CBS Sports.
“I’ve known that I’ve wanted to go to Cal for a while,” the Knoxville native told the Knoxville News Sentinel on Tuesday night. “I actually just received my letter of acceptance today.”
Tarwater averaged 7.1 points, 5.5 rebounds and 1.0 assists in 26 minutes per game for the Big Red, who finished last in the Ivy League.
“Coach Martin looked at a lot of (Cornell) games this year when we played a lot of high majors, and he thought that I performed really well against those types of teams.”
He joins an incoming class that includes 7-foot-1 center Kingsley Okoroh, who followed Martin from Tennessee to Berkeley, and point guard Brandon Charuca.
Cal finished 21-14 (10-18 Pac-12) ending Mike Montgomery’s last season with the Golden Bears in the NIT quarterfinals.
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 2
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft 11
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- 6-foot-11 center Antonio Vrankovic commits to Duke (6)