Jul 16, 2014, 10:45 AM EDT
On Tuesday, Cunonzo Martin adding to his first recruiting class at Cal, landing a commitment from Cornell graduate Dwight Tarwater.
The 6-foot-6 Tarwater will enroll in a public health master’s program at Cal, and will be eligible immediately. This news was first reported by Jon Rothstein of CBS Sports.
“I’ve known that I’ve wanted to go to Cal for a while,” the Knoxville native told the Knoxville News Sentinel on Tuesday night. “I actually just received my letter of acceptance today.”
Tarwater averaged 7.1 points, 5.5 rebounds and 1.0 assists in 26 minutes per game for the Big Red, who finished last in the Ivy League.
“Coach Martin looked at a lot of (Cornell) games this year when we played a lot of high majors, and he thought that I performed really well against those types of teams.”
He joins an incoming class that includes 7-foot-1 center Kingsley Okoroh, who followed Martin from Tennessee to Berkeley, and point guard Brandon Charuca.
Cal finished 21-14 (10-18 Pac-12) ending Mike Montgomery’s last season with the Golden Bears in the NIT quarterfinals.
- Latest mixtape for Dennis Smith Jr. shows how talented he is (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1