Jul 16, 2014, 3:29 PM EDT
Northwestern is getting a new court design, which is kind of unfortunate. I may be the only one, but I loved the court that looked like it was painted on by watercolors.
That said, Welsh-Ryan Arena has been getting a bit of a facelift this offseason. They’ve made some changes to the video boards in an effort to make it look like Northwestern plays in the Big Ten and not a high school gymnasium.
I also love the “Chicago’s Big Ten Team” that’s written on one side of the court. If Chris Collins is going to find real success there, he needs to be just that.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Behind Thompson and Comer, Dunk City looks to take flight once again this March 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)
- NCAA approves waiver to allow player with terminal cancer to play (1)