Jul 16, 2014, 3:29 PM EDT
Northwestern is getting a new court design, which is kind of unfortunate. I may be the only one, but I loved the court that looked like it was painted on by watercolors.
That said, Welsh-Ryan Arena has been getting a bit of a facelift this offseason. They’ve made some changes to the video boards in an effort to make it look like Northwestern plays in the Big Ten and not a high school gymnasium.
I also love the “Chicago’s Big Ten Team” that’s written on one side of the court. If Chris Collins is going to find real success there, he needs to be just that.
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason 3
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- St. John’s lands 2015 point guard Marcus LoVett Jr. (4)
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason (3)