Jul 16, 2014, 3:29 PM EST
Northwestern is getting a new court design, which is kind of unfortunate. I may be the only one, but I loved the court that looked like it was painted on by watercolors.
That said, Welsh-Ryan Arena has been getting a bit of a facelift this offseason. They’ve made some changes to the video boards in an effort to make it look like Northwestern plays in the Big Ten and not a high school gymnasium.
I also love the “Chicago’s Big Ten Team” that’s written on one side of the court. If Chris Collins is going to find real success there, he needs to be just that.
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 0
- Weekly Awards: LaDontae Henton, West Virginia with notable performances 0
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? 4
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 1
- West Virginia shows signs of progress in Puerto Rico Tipoff win over No. 17 UConn 1
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)