Jul 16, 2014, 3:29 PM EDT
Northwestern is getting a new court design, which is kind of unfortunate. I may be the only one, but I loved the court that looked like it was painted on by watercolors.
That said, Welsh-Ryan Arena has been getting a bit of a facelift this offseason. They’ve made some changes to the video boards in an effort to make it look like Northwestern plays in the Big Ten and not a high school gymnasium.
I also love the “Chicago’s Big Ten Team” that’s written on one side of the court. If Chris Collins is going to find real success there, he needs to be just that.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UCF lands a unique center, Tennessee’s impact wing, Saint Louis gets rising center 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 6 Virginia Cavaliers 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: College Basketball Dream Team 1
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- Sophomore guard decides to leave Kansas program (3)
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)