Jul 16, 2014, 3:29 PM EDT
Northwestern is getting a new court design, which is kind of unfortunate. I may be the only one, but I loved the court that looked like it was painted on by watercolors.
That said, Welsh-Ryan Arena has been getting a bit of a facelift this offseason. They’ve made some changes to the video boards in an effort to make it look like Northwestern plays in the Big Ten and not a high school gymnasium.
I also love the “Chicago’s Big Ten Team” that’s written on one side of the court. If Chris Collins is going to find real success there, he needs to be just that.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)