Jul 17, 2014, 7:20 PM EST
With San Jose State’s Academic Progress Rate numbers making the program ineligible for postseason play in 2014-15, the Mountain West needed to adjust the format for its 2015 men’s basketball tournament bracket. And for a league with 11 members, losing one for the March 11-14 event simply means making the move from a first round triple-header to a doubleheader on Wednesday, March 11.
On Thursday the Mountain West officially released that bracket, with teams seeded seventh through tenth playing on the first day of the event. The eight and nine seeds will play at Noon (Pacific time), with the seven and ten seeds playing at approximately 2:30 p.m.
Other than that shift the bracket remains the same, with the eight/nine winner taking on the tournament’s top seed at Noon on Thursday, March 12 and the seven/ten winner playing the two seed at 6:00 p.m. in the first game of Thursday’s night session. All games will once again be played at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas, with the women’s tournament also being played at the arena.
The women will play their first three rounds March 9-11, with the championship game being played on Friday, March 13 ahead of the men’s semifinals.
- Justin Anderson out this weekend after undergoing appendectomy 0
- West Coast Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Film Session: Who can actually beat Kentucky and why 0
- Potential NCAA tournament bid thieves bubble teams should be rooting against 2
- Bubble Banter: Why LSU losing is bad news for Texas A&M 2
- Bonzie Colson continues hot streak as No. 12 Notre Dame wins at No. 16 Louisville 2
- Potential Cinderellas you want to win their automatic bid 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (26)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (11)
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed (9)
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives (8)