Jul 17, 2014, 7:20 PM EDT
With San Jose State’s Academic Progress Rate numbers making the program ineligible for postseason play in 2014-15, the Mountain West needed to adjust the format for its 2015 men’s basketball tournament bracket. And for a league with 11 members, losing one for the March 11-14 event simply means making the move from a first round triple-header to a doubleheader on Wednesday, March 11.
On Thursday the Mountain West officially released that bracket, with teams seeded seventh through tenth playing on the first day of the event. The eight and nine seeds will play at Noon (Pacific time), with the seven and ten seeds playing at approximately 2:30 p.m.
Other than that shift the bracket remains the same, with the eight/nine winner taking on the tournament’s top seed at Noon on Thursday, March 12 and the seven/ten winner playing the two seed at 6:00 p.m. in the first game of Thursday’s night session. All games will once again be played at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas, with the women’s tournament also being played at the arena.
The women will play their first three rounds March 9-11, with the championship game being played on Friday, March 13 ahead of the men’s semifinals.
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)