Jul 17, 2014, 7:20 PM EDT
With San Jose State’s Academic Progress Rate numbers making the program ineligible for postseason play in 2014-15, the Mountain West needed to adjust the format for its 2015 men’s basketball tournament bracket. And for a league with 11 members, losing one for the March 11-14 event simply means making the move from a first round triple-header to a doubleheader on Wednesday, March 11.
On Thursday the Mountain West officially released that bracket, with teams seeded seventh through tenth playing on the first day of the event. The eight and nine seeds will play at Noon (Pacific time), with the seven and ten seeds playing at approximately 2:30 p.m.
Other than that shift the bracket remains the same, with the eight/nine winner taking on the tournament’s top seed at Noon on Thursday, March 12 and the seven/ten winner playing the two seed at 6:00 p.m. in the first game of Thursday’s night session. All games will once again be played at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas, with the women’s tournament also being played at the arena.
The women will play their first three rounds March 9-11, with the championship game being played on Friday, March 13 ahead of the men’s semifinals.
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 6
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 3
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (3)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)