Jul 17, 2014, 7:20 PM EDT
With San Jose State’s Academic Progress Rate numbers making the program ineligible for postseason play in 2014-15, the Mountain West needed to adjust the format for its 2015 men’s basketball tournament bracket. And for a league with 11 members, losing one for the March 11-14 event simply means making the move from a first round triple-header to a doubleheader on Wednesday, March 11.
On Thursday the Mountain West officially released that bracket, with teams seeded seventh through tenth playing on the first day of the event. The eight and nine seeds will play at Noon (Pacific time), with the seven and ten seeds playing at approximately 2:30 p.m.
Other than that shift the bracket remains the same, with the eight/nine winner taking on the tournament’s top seed at Noon on Thursday, March 12 and the seven/ten winner playing the two seed at 6:00 p.m. in the first game of Thursday’s night session. All games will once again be played at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas, with the women’s tournament also being played at the arena.
The women will play their first three rounds March 9-11, with the championship game being played on Friday, March 13 ahead of the men’s semifinals.
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 1
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 0
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 0
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ 4
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)