Jul 17, 2014, 7:20 PM EDT
With San Jose State’s Academic Progress Rate numbers making the program ineligible for postseason play in 2014-15, the Mountain West needed to adjust the format for its 2015 men’s basketball tournament bracket. And for a league with 11 members, losing one for the March 11-14 event simply means making the move from a first round triple-header to a doubleheader on Wednesday, March 11.
On Thursday the Mountain West officially released that bracket, with teams seeded seventh through tenth playing on the first day of the event. The eight and nine seeds will play at Noon (Pacific time), with the seven and ten seeds playing at approximately 2:30 p.m.
Other than that shift the bracket remains the same, with the eight/nine winner taking on the tournament’s top seed at Noon on Thursday, March 12 and the seven/ten winner playing the two seed at 6:00 p.m. in the first game of Thursday’s night session. All games will once again be played at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas, with the women’s tournament also being played at the arena.
The women will play their first three rounds March 9-11, with the championship game being played on Friday, March 13 ahead of the men’s semifinals.
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 1
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 1
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 23
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 15
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (86)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (23)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)