Jul 17, 2014, 1:16 PM EDT
John Adams has announced his retirement as the NCAA’s coordinator of officials.
Adams has held that position since the 2008-2009 season. His retirement will be effective after the 2015 Final Four in Indianapolis.
“It has been an honor and a privilege to serve college basketball in this capacity for the last several years,” Adams said. “I have been involved in officiating for a long time, and I worked for the NCAA, the Horizon League, the Great Lakes Valley Conference, the Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference and the Indiana High School Athletic Association. All of those organizations are based in Indianapolis, so it just feels right to end this chapter at the Final Four in my hometown.”
A search for his replacement will begin nj the fall.
- Latest mixtape for Dennis Smith Jr. shows how talented he is (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1