Jul 17, 2014, 2:28 PM EST
Brandon Austin is not headed to Junior College after all.
Last week news leaked that Austin was headed to Hutchinson CC, a powerhouse in the JuCo ranks out in Kansas. But on Thursday, there were multiple reports that Austin was not accepted into the school.
According to Jeff Goodman of ESPN.com, the president was the one that said no. Hutchinson’s SID told the Oregonian that “we just said no. That’s it.”
Whatever the case is, Austin will not be playing basketball at Hutchinson next season. The question now becomes what he will be able to do. Austin was accused of sexual assault twice in one year which resulted in a year long suspension from Providence and getting booted from Oregon, where he transferred after his suspension.
He has still yet to play a game in college.
- No. 9 Kansas rallies to beat No. 20 West Virginia in OT but injury to Perry Ellis is major concern 0
- Bubble Banter: Just how bad was Indiana’s loss to Iowa? 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s Frank Kaminsky’s award to win 1
- Ohio Valley Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 10
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 20
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (20)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)