Jul 17, 2014, 2:28 PM EDT
Brandon Austin is not headed to Junior College after all.
Last week news leaked that Austin was headed to Hutchinson CC, a powerhouse in the JuCo ranks out in Kansas. But on Thursday, there were multiple reports that Austin was not accepted into the school.
According to Jeff Goodman of ESPN.com, the president was the one that said no. Hutchinson’s SID told the Oregonian that “we just said no. That’s it.”
Whatever the case is, Austin will not be playing basketball at Hutchinson next season. The question now becomes what he will be able to do. Austin was accused of sexual assault twice in one year which resulted in a year long suspension from Providence and getting booted from Oregon, where he transferred after his suspension.
He has still yet to play a game in college.
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)