Jul 17, 2014, 2:28 PM EST
Brandon Austin is not headed to Junior College after all.
Last week news leaked that Austin was headed to Hutchinson CC, a powerhouse in the JuCo ranks out in Kansas. But on Thursday, there were multiple reports that Austin was not accepted into the school.
According to Jeff Goodman of ESPN.com, the president was the one that said no. Hutchinson’s SID told the Oregonian that “we just said no. That’s it.”
Whatever the case is, Austin will not be playing basketball at Hutchinson next season. The question now becomes what he will be able to do. Austin was accused of sexual assault twice in one year which resulted in a year long suspension from Providence and getting booted from Oregon, where he transferred after his suspension.
He has still yet to play a game in college.
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 5
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 3
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (5)
- Sophomore forward Semi Ojeleye to transfer from Duke (3)