Jul 17, 2014, 2:28 PM EDT
Brandon Austin is not headed to Junior College after all.
Last week news leaked that Austin was headed to Hutchinson CC, a powerhouse in the JuCo ranks out in Kansas. But on Thursday, there were multiple reports that Austin was not accepted into the school.
According to Jeff Goodman of ESPN.com, the president was the one that said no. Hutchinson’s SID told the Oregonian that “we just said no. That’s it.”
Whatever the case is, Austin will not be playing basketball at Hutchinson next season. The question now becomes what he will be able to do. Austin was accused of sexual assault twice in one year which resulted in a year long suspension from Providence and getting booted from Oregon, where he transferred after his suspension.
He has still yet to play a game in college.
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Green Bay’s Keifer Sykes maintains the chip on his shoulder 0
- Skal Labissiere, Reach Your Dreams Prep and why this isn’t as scuzzy as it sounds 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 9 Gonzaga Bulldogs 2
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)