Jul 17, 2014, 2:28 PM EDT
Brandon Austin is not headed to Junior College after all.
Last week news leaked that Austin was headed to Hutchinson CC, a powerhouse in the JuCo ranks out in Kansas. But on Thursday, there were multiple reports that Austin was not accepted into the school.
According to Jeff Goodman of ESPN.com, the president was the one that said no. Hutchinson’s SID told the Oregonian that “we just said no. That’s it.”
Whatever the case is, Austin will not be playing basketball at Hutchinson next season. The question now becomes what he will be able to do. Austin was accused of sexual assault twice in one year which resulted in a year long suspension from Providence and getting booted from Oregon, where he transferred after his suspension.
He has still yet to play a game in college.
- Oklahoma State lands commitment from elite point guard in 2015 0
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)
- Sean Miller gives update on Arizona forward Brandon Ashley (1)