Jul 18, 2014, 1:42 PM EST
On the heels of their first Elite Eight appearance in 30 years, the Dayton Flyers are looking to build on the momentum gained from that run. One way in which the athletic department is moving forward is to create a common identity for all of its programs, and on Friday the school released the new logo for its teams.
Also released Friday was the new design for Blackburn Court, and three new uniforms for the men’s basketball team.
“Our new logo will certainly be a success factor for our program,” head coach Archie Miller said in the release announcing the changes. “From the start, I’ve been an advocate of a unified identity which can continue to sell a new day and age for our program. Our brand is as strong as it’s ever been and this will continue to keep us in the nation’s basketball mindset.
“The University of Dayton has always had a great image locally and within our campus community. This will only set us up to be even more connected as we move forward. It’s a special time to be a part of this re-branding, and it’s essential to our future.”
As for those who will play on that new court next season, guard Jordan Sibert and forward Dyshawn Pierre are among the returnees from last season’s team. Dayton will have to account for the graduation of Matt Kavanaugh, Devin Oliver and Vee Sanford and Khari Price’s decision to transfer, but most of the players from last season’s run will return in 2014-15. That includes guard Dayshon Smith, who’s in line to take over the starting point guard spot for the departed Price.
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 1
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- Bubble Banter: Boise State, St. John’s, Dayton win the day; Texas, N.C. State lose; and Kansas State? 4
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (14)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)