Jul 18, 2014, 1:42 PM EDT
On the heels of their first Elite Eight appearance in 30 years, the Dayton Flyers are looking to build on the momentum gained from that run. One way in which the athletic department is moving forward is to create a common identity for all of its programs, and on Friday the school released the new logo for its teams.
Also released Friday was the new design for Blackburn Court, and three new uniforms for the men’s basketball team.
“Our new logo will certainly be a success factor for our program,” head coach Archie Miller said in the release announcing the changes. “From the start, I’ve been an advocate of a unified identity which can continue to sell a new day and age for our program. Our brand is as strong as it’s ever been and this will continue to keep us in the nation’s basketball mindset.
“The University of Dayton has always had a great image locally and within our campus community. This will only set us up to be even more connected as we move forward. It’s a special time to be a part of this re-branding, and it’s essential to our future.”
As for those who will play on that new court next season, guard Jordan Sibert and forward Dyshawn Pierre are among the returnees from last season’s team. Dayton will have to account for the graduation of Matt Kavanaugh, Devin Oliver and Vee Sanford and Khari Price’s decision to transfer, but most of the players from last season’s run will return in 2014-15. That includes guard Dayshon Smith, who’s in line to take over the starting point guard spot for the departed Price.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)