Jul 19, 2014, 3:49 PM EDT
DeVon Walker tore his ACL and will be out for the entire 2014-2015 season.
Walker is a 6-foot-6 wing from the same high school program that produced Austin Rivers. He averaged 2.4 points and 1.2 board for Florida this past season. As a senior in high school, he was a three-star recruit in the back-end of the top 150, according to Rivals.
After a freshman season where Walker only played in 25 games he considered transferring before deciding on returning to the Gators.
The news was first reported by CBSSports.com.
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)
- Sean Miller gives update on Arizona forward Brandon Ashley (1)