Jul 19, 2014, 3:49 PM EDT
DeVon Walker tore his ACL and will be out for the entire 2014-2015 season.
Walker is a 6-foot-6 wing from the same high school program that produced Austin Rivers. He averaged 2.4 points and 1.2 board for Florida this past season. As a senior in high school, he was a three-star recruit in the back-end of the top 150, according to Rivals.
After a freshman season where Walker only played in 25 games he considered transferring before deciding on returning to the Gators.
The news was first reported by CBSSports.com.
- Steve Lavin and St. John’s ‘mutually agree’ to part ways 0
- No. 2 Arizona pulls away from No. 6 Xavier, setting up West regional final rematch 0
- No. 3 Notre Dame knocks off No. 7 Wichita State to get to the Elite 8 17
- Tradition of success through change raises expectations at Xavier 1
- Sweet 16 Preview: The top 16 players left in the tournament 11
- Sweet 16 Preview: The x-factor in each game this week 1
- Ranking the Sweet 16 matchups 8
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (25)
- Updated tournament records: Kentucky moves SEC above .500 (23)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)
- Reports: Indiana coach Tom Crean said ‘you suck’ to referee after loss to Wichita State (19)