Jul 19, 2014, 3:49 PM EDT
DeVon Walker tore his ACL and will be out for the entire 2014-2015 season.
Walker is a 6-foot-6 wing from the same high school program that produced Austin Rivers. He averaged 2.4 points and 1.2 board for Florida this past season. As a senior in high school, he was a three-star recruit in the back-end of the top 150, according to Rivals.
After a freshman season where Walker only played in 25 games he considered transferring before deciding on returning to the Gators.
The news was first reported by CBSSports.com.
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 5
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (5)