Jul 19, 2014, 3:49 PM EST
DeVon Walker tore his ACL and will be out for the entire 2014-2015 season.
Walker is a 6-foot-6 wing from the same high school program that produced Austin Rivers. He averaged 2.4 points and 1.2 board for Florida this past season. As a senior in high school, he was a three-star recruit in the back-end of the top 150, according to Rivals.
After a freshman season where Walker only played in 25 games he considered transferring before deciding on returning to the Gators.
The news was first reported by CBSSports.com.
- Potential Cinderellas you want to win their automatic bid 2
- Virginia’s Justin Anderson could return as early as Saturday 0
- Missouri Valley Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- No. 9 Kansas rallies to beat No. 20 West Virginia in OT but injury to Perry Ellis is major concern 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how bad was Indiana’s loss to Iowa? 1
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s Frank Kaminsky’s award to win 1
- Ohio Valley Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (20)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)