Jul 20, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
Over the weekend, Barton Community College (Kansas) announced the addition of Stony Brook redshirt freshman guard Ahmad Walker to the program.
The 6-foot-4 Walker transferred out of Stony Brook on June 20 after two years with the Seawolves.
In 24 minutes of action a contest, Walker averaged 7.0 points, 5.3 rebounds and 2.1 assists per game for a team that finished second in the American East Conference this past season. The Seawolves were one-win shy of a berth in the NCAA tournament, but fell to Albany, 69-60, in the conference tournament final.
Walker earned a spot on the American East All-Rookie team.
Barton finished 20-11 and qualified for the Region VI Playoffs.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Behind Thompson and Comer, Dunk City looks to take flight once again this March 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)
- NCAA approves waiver to allow player with terminal cancer to play (1)