Jul 20, 2014, 3:30 PM EST
Over the weekend, Barton Community College (Kansas) announced the addition of Stony Brook redshirt freshman guard Ahmad Walker to the program.
The 6-foot-4 Walker transferred out of Stony Brook on June 20 after two years with the Seawolves.
In 24 minutes of action a contest, Walker averaged 7.0 points, 5.3 rebounds and 2.1 assists per game for a team that finished second in the American East Conference this past season. The Seawolves were one-win shy of a berth in the NCAA tournament, but fell to Albany, 69-60, in the conference tournament final.
Walker earned a spot on the American East All-Rookie team.
Barton finished 20-11 and qualified for the Region VI Playoffs.
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (29)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)