Jul 20, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
Over the weekend, Barton Community College (Kansas) announced the addition of Stony Brook redshirt freshman guard Ahmad Walker to the program.
The 6-foot-4 Walker transferred out of Stony Brook on June 20 after two years with the Seawolves.
In 24 minutes of action a contest, Walker averaged 7.0 points, 5.3 rebounds and 2.1 assists per game for a team that finished second in the American East Conference this past season. The Seawolves were one-win shy of a berth in the NCAA tournament, but fell to Albany, 69-60, in the conference tournament final.
Walker earned a spot on the American East All-Rookie team.
Barton finished 20-11 and qualified for the Region VI Playoffs.
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- 2015 NBA Draft: Pat Connaughton, Montrezl Harrell headline list of second round steals 0
- Karl-Anthony Towns becomes Kentucky’s third top overall pick in program history 1
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings (18)
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- Five-star guard to announce college choice Wednesday evening (5)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Jamal Murray’s commitment a huge boost for Kentucky (4)