Jul 20, 2014, 3:30 PM EST
Over the weekend, Barton Community College (Kansas) announced the addition of Stony Brook redshirt freshman guard Ahmad Walker to the program.
The 6-foot-4 Walker transferred out of Stony Brook on June 20 after two years with the Seawolves.
In 24 minutes of action a contest, Walker averaged 7.0 points, 5.3 rebounds and 2.1 assists per game for a team that finished second in the American East Conference this past season. The Seawolves were one-win shy of a berth in the NCAA tournament, but fell to Albany, 69-60, in the conference tournament final.
Walker earned a spot on the American East All-Rookie team.
Barton finished 20-11 and qualified for the Region VI Playoffs.
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)