Jul 20, 2014, 2:36 PM EDT
For the second time in less than a week, Louisville has landed a verbal commitment from a four-star 2015 recruit.
On Sunday afternoon, Louisville native Ray Spalding, a 6-foot-9 power forward from Trinity High, pledged to Rick Pitino’s program, according to Evan Daniels of Scout.
Spalding, rated as the No. 69 overall rising senior, according to Rivals, had offers from Clemson, Indiana, Vanderbilt, and Xavier. He received an offer from Louisville in June.
“He’s a great guy, a great coach, and he really loves what he’s doing at that program,” Spalding told Steve Jones of the Courier-Journal at that time. “He’s one of the best coaches out there.”
“They’re starting to recruit a lot of long, athletic big guys who not only play the small forward, power forward or the center position (solely), but they do a little bit of inside and outside work.”
He joins, 6-foot-7 small forward Deng Adel in the Cardinals’ Class of 2015.
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 6
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 3
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)