Jul 20, 2014, 2:36 PM EDT
For the second time in less than a week, Louisville has landed a verbal commitment from a four-star 2015 recruit.
On Sunday afternoon, Louisville native Ray Spalding, a 6-foot-9 power forward from Trinity High, pledged to Rick Pitino’s program, according to Evan Daniels of Scout.
Spalding, rated as the No. 69 overall rising senior, according to Rivals, had offers from Clemson, Indiana, Vanderbilt, and Xavier. He received an offer from Louisville in June.
“He’s a great guy, a great coach, and he really loves what he’s doing at that program,” Spalding told Steve Jones of the Courier-Journal at that time. “He’s one of the best coaches out there.”
“They’re starting to recruit a lot of long, athletic big guys who not only play the small forward, power forward or the center position (solely), but they do a little bit of inside and outside work.”
He joins, 6-foot-7 small forward Deng Adel in the Cardinals’ Class of 2015.
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)