Jul 20, 2014, 2:36 PM EDT
For the second time in less than a week, Louisville has landed a verbal commitment from a four-star 2015 recruit.
On Sunday afternoon, Louisville native Ray Spalding, a 6-foot-9 power forward from Trinity High, pledged to Rick Pitino’s program, according to Evan Daniels of Scout.
Spalding, rated as the No. 69 overall rising senior, according to Rivals, had offers from Clemson, Indiana, Vanderbilt, and Xavier. He received an offer from Louisville in June.
“He’s a great guy, a great coach, and he really loves what he’s doing at that program,” Spalding told Steve Jones of the Courier-Journal at that time. “He’s one of the best coaches out there.”
“They’re starting to recruit a lot of long, athletic big guys who not only play the small forward, power forward or the center position (solely), but they do a little bit of inside and outside work.”
He joins, 6-foot-7 small forward Deng Adel in the Cardinals’ Class of 2015.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Nike and Under Armour host showcase events as the Shoe Wars continue to heat up (2)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)
- Buffalo dismisses Justin Moss, reigning MAC Player of the Year, from team (2)