Jul 20, 2014, 2:36 PM EDT
For the second time in less than a week, Louisville has landed a verbal commitment from a four-star 2015 recruit.
On Sunday afternoon, Louisville native Ray Spalding, a 6-foot-9 power forward from Trinity High, pledged to Rick Pitino’s program, according to Evan Daniels of Scout.
Spalding, rated as the No. 69 overall rising senior, according to Rivals, had offers from Clemson, Indiana, Vanderbilt, and Xavier. He received an offer from Louisville in June.
“He’s a great guy, a great coach, and he really loves what he’s doing at that program,” Spalding told Steve Jones of the Courier-Journal at that time. “He’s one of the best coaches out there.”
“They’re starting to recruit a lot of long, athletic big guys who not only play the small forward, power forward or the center position (solely), but they do a little bit of inside and outside work.”
He joins, 6-foot-7 small forward Deng Adel in the Cardinals’ Class of 2015.
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 2
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ 4
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)