Jul 20, 2014, 2:36 PM EST
For the second time in less than a week, Louisville has landed a verbal commitment from a four-star 2015 recruit.
On Sunday afternoon, Louisville native Ray Spalding, a 6-foot-9 power forward from Trinity High, pledged to Rick Pitino’s program, according to Evan Daniels of Scout.
Spalding, rated as the No. 69 overall rising senior, according to Rivals, had offers from Clemson, Indiana, Vanderbilt, and Xavier. He received an offer from Louisville in June.
“He’s a great guy, a great coach, and he really loves what he’s doing at that program,” Spalding told Steve Jones of the Courier-Journal at that time. “He’s one of the best coaches out there.”
“They’re starting to recruit a lot of long, athletic big guys who not only play the small forward, power forward or the center position (solely), but they do a little bit of inside and outside work.”
He joins, 6-foot-7 small forward Deng Adel in the Cardinals’ Class of 2015.
- Bubble Banter: Davidson with a big win, Stanford in trouble, and … VCU? 0
- Justin Anderson out this weekend after undergoing appendectomy 0
- West Coast Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Film Session: Who can actually beat Kentucky and why 0
- Potential NCAA tournament bid thieves bubble teams should be rooting against 2
- Bubble Banter: Why LSU losing is bad news for Texas A&M 2
- Bonzie Colson continues hot streak as No. 12 Notre Dame wins at No. 16 Louisville 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (26)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (11)
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed (9)
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives (8)