Jul 20, 2014, 1:35 PM EST
The Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame is set to debut a new early season doubleheader for the 2015-2016 season, according to a report on Saturday evening from Jeff Goodman of ESPN.
Kentucky, Memphis, Ohio State and South Florida will compete in a pair of games at the American Airlines Arena in Miami on Nov. 27, 2015. John Calipari and his Wildcats will go head-to-head with a familiar face in Orlando Antigua, the new head coach of USF, while Ohio State will take on Memphis.
Goodman notes that under the event’s format, each school will play three games in addition to the neutral-court matchup.
The Basketball Hall of Fame sponsors another early season showcase, the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame’s Tip-Off Tournament, held at the Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Connecticut. Last year’s event featured a showdown between Louisville and North Carolina. The 2014 field includes Notre Dame, Providence, Florida State and UMass.
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 0
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 2
- Michigan State’s efficient three-point shooting is key for 2014-15 success 0
- No. 11 Wichita State rallies from 11 down to beat Alabama thanks to Van Vleet (VIDEO) 0
- The Ten Most Important Midseason Additions 0
- Dana Altman says Oregon’s hands up, don’t shoot protest not ‘appropriate time’ (20)
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (5)
- Self says No. 10 Kansas is ‘not good right now’, and that should scare you (4)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (4)