Jul 20, 2014, 1:35 PM EDT
The Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame is set to debut a new early season doubleheader for the 2015-2016 season, according to a report on Saturday evening from Jeff Goodman of ESPN.
Kentucky, Memphis, Ohio State and South Florida will compete in a pair of games at the American Airlines Arena in Miami on Nov. 27, 2015. John Calipari and his Wildcats will go head-to-head with a familiar face in Orlando Antigua, the new head coach of USF, while Ohio State will take on Memphis.
Goodman notes that under the event’s format, each school will play three games in addition to the neutral-court matchup.
The Basketball Hall of Fame sponsors another early season showcase, the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame’s Tip-Off Tournament, held at the Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Connecticut. Last year’s event featured a showdown between Louisville and North Carolina. The 2014 field includes Notre Dame, Providence, Florida State and UMass.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)