Jul 20, 2014, 1:35 PM EDT
The Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame is set to debut a new early season doubleheader for the 2015-2016 season, according to a report on Saturday evening from Jeff Goodman of ESPN.
Kentucky, Memphis, Ohio State and South Florida will compete in a pair of games at the American Airlines Arena in Miami on Nov. 27, 2015. John Calipari and his Wildcats will go head-to-head with a familiar face in Orlando Antigua, the new head coach of USF, while Ohio State will take on Memphis.
Goodman notes that under the event’s format, each school will play three games in addition to the neutral-court matchup.
The Basketball Hall of Fame sponsors another early season showcase, the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame’s Tip-Off Tournament, held at the Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Connecticut. Last year’s event featured a showdown between Louisville and North Carolina. The 2014 field includes Notre Dame, Providence, Florida State and UMass.
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 0
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 4
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (4)