Jul 20, 2014, 1:35 PM EDT
The Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame is set to debut a new early season doubleheader for the 2015-2016 season, according to a report on Saturday evening from Jeff Goodman of ESPN.
Kentucky, Memphis, Ohio State and South Florida will compete in a pair of games at the American Airlines Arena in Miami on Nov. 27, 2015. John Calipari and his Wildcats will go head-to-head with a familiar face in Orlando Antigua, the new head coach of USF, while Ohio State will take on Memphis.
Goodman notes that under the event’s format, each school will play three games in addition to the neutral-court matchup.
The Basketball Hall of Fame sponsors another early season showcase, the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame’s Tip-Off Tournament, held at the Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Connecticut. Last year’s event featured a showdown between Louisville and North Carolina. The 2014 field includes Notre Dame, Providence, Florida State and UMass.
- Fixing his flaws: How Kris Dunn has attacked the two weaknesses in his game 0
- Five-star shooting guard focusing on ten schools 0
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? 2
- Source: Isaac Humphries expected to commit to Kentucky, enroll in 2015 1
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)
- Another Division I coach loses their job in the wake of the Donnie Tyndall scandal (3)
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble (2)
- Marquette coaches discuss daily ‘noon ball’ tradition (VIDEO) (2)
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? (2)