Jul 20, 2014, 7:46 PM EST
After posting averages of 17.7 points and 9.2 rebounds per game during his sophomore season at Three Rivers CC in Missouri, 6-foot-10 forward Ibrahim Djambo was expected to be one of the players competing for significant minutes at the power forward position at Clemson last season. Things didn’t work out that way for Djambo however, as he averaged 1.9 points and 1.4 rebounds just over nine minutes per game for the Tigers.
Djambo made the decision to transfer in late June, and according to multiple reports he’ll be joining Joe Mihalich’s Hofstra program. Djambo has one season of eligibility remaining, and it’s expected that he’ll have to sit out the 2014-15 season per NCAA transfer rules.
Djambo’s addition adds some size to a program that has just two players 6-foot-7 or taller who will have eligibility remaining during the 2015-16 season: 6-foot-9 forward Rokas Gustys and 6-foot-10 forward/center Andre Walker. Hofstra’s most experienced front court returnee is 6-foot-7 forward/center Moussa Kone, who will be a senior next season.
Hofstra, which finished the 2013-14 season with a 10-23 overall record (5-11 CAA), will have to account for the loss of high-scoring forward Zeke Upshaw (19.8 ppg) but they return graduate guard Dion Nesmith and transfers Juan’ya Green and Ameen Tanksley (both played for Mihalich at Niagara) will be eligible to play after sitting out all of last season.
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 8
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 14
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (14)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)