Jul 21, 2014, 6:10 PM EDT
For the second time this month, Johnny Dawkins has added himself a commitment from a four-star wing.
This time it was Cameron Walker, the No. 61 recruit in the Class of 2015, who announced the commitment on his twitter account:
By far the hardest decision of my life, but I will spend the next chapter of my life at Stanford University under Coach Dawkins!#fearthetree
— Cameron Walker (@CWCameronWalker) July 21, 2014
RELATED: Our report on Walker from this May
Walker is a versatile, 6-foot-7 wing forward. He can handle the ball a bit and is a good passer as well. He’s not a great athlete but he’s not exactly immobile, either. He needs to get stronger and he needs to improve his perimeter shot, but Walker is a nice prospect.
Walker joins Marcus Sheffield, the No. 83 recruit int he country, in Johnny Dawkins’ 2015 recruiting class, giving Stanford a promising pair of wings pledged to the program.
- No. 3 Notre Dame knocks off No. 7 Wichita State to get to the Elite 8 14
- Tradition of success through change raises expectations at Xavier 1
- Sweet 16 Preview: The top 16 players left in the tournament 10
- Sweet 16 Preview: The x-factor in each game this week 1
- Ranking the Sweet 16 matchups 8
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close 36
- Sweet 16 Power Rankings: Reseeding the NCAA tournament field 15
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Updated tournament records: Kentucky moves SEC above .500 (23)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)
- Reports: Indiana coach Tom Crean said ‘you suck’ to referee after loss to Wichita State (19)
- Sweet 16 Power Rankings: Reseeding the NCAA tournament field (15)