Jul 22, 2014, 10:30 PM EST
Earlier this month College of Charleston head coach Doug Wojcik was investigated for alleged verbal abuse he directed at players. On July 3, a detailed, 50-page report was released, documenting the allegations against Wojcik.
Wojcik, who has been the College of Charleston head coach for two years, has his job in jeopardy. This has been a tumultuous month for the school’s program, though, a decision could becoming soon, according to a report from Andrew Miller of the Post and Courier:
The College’s Board of Trustees is scheduled to meet Wednesday to change the school’s mission statement. After a bill to form a research university in Charleston failed in the last legislative session, an official from the state’s Commission on Higher Education said the commission could approve the college becoming a research university if it changed its mission statement.
The subject of Wojcik’s future wasn’t on the official agenda, but could be discussed when the board moves into executive session.
Before the start of the first July evaluation period, it was reported that Wojcik would not be allowed on the recruiting trail, leaving those duties to his three assistant coaches. Last week, with permission from administration, he made several stops at various grassroots events, according to the Post and Courier.
Wojcik has three years left on his contract, which pays him $400,000 annually. If he is fired without cause from the school, he is owed $1.2 million. Earlier this month, Wojcik was suspended for one month without pay instead of being fired.
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- Bracket Update: Upcoming stretch could have major impact on Duke’s NCAA seeding 2
- Sister’s illness makes for a bittersweet homecoming for Tulsa head coach Frank Haith 0
- Weekend Preview: Things are heating up in the Big 12, plus Coach K No. 1,000? 0
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game 7
- Chase for 180: Boise State rebounds from 0-3 conference start thanks to Derrick Marks 0
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (12)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)