Jul 22, 2014, 10:30 PM EST
Earlier this month College of Charleston head coach Doug Wojcik was investigated for alleged verbal abuse he directed at players. On July 3, a detailed, 50-page report was released, documenting the allegations against Wojcik.
Wojcik, who has been the College of Charleston head coach for two years, has his job in jeopardy. This has been a tumultuous month for the school’s program, though, a decision could becoming soon, according to a report from Andrew Miller of the Post and Courier:
The College’s Board of Trustees is scheduled to meet Wednesday to change the school’s mission statement. After a bill to form a research university in Charleston failed in the last legislative session, an official from the state’s Commission on Higher Education said the commission could approve the college becoming a research university if it changed its mission statement.
The subject of Wojcik’s future wasn’t on the official agenda, but could be discussed when the board moves into executive session.
Before the start of the first July evaluation period, it was reported that Wojcik would not be allowed on the recruiting trail, leaving those duties to his three assistant coaches. Last week, with permission from administration, he made several stops at various grassroots events, according to the Post and Courier.
Wojcik has three years left on his contract, which pays him $400,000 annually. If he is fired without cause from the school, he is owed $1.2 million. Earlier this month, Wojcik was suspended for one month without pay instead of being fired.
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 5
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 12
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)