Jul 22, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
Earlier this month College of Charleston head coach Doug Wojcik was investigated for alleged verbal abuse he directed at players. On July 3, a detailed, 50-page report was released, documenting the allegations against Wojcik.
Wojcik, who has been the College of Charleston head coach for two years, has his job in jeopardy. This has been a tumultuous month for the school’s program, though, a decision could becoming soon, according to a report from Andrew Miller of the Post and Courier:
The College’s Board of Trustees is scheduled to meet Wednesday to change the school’s mission statement. After a bill to form a research university in Charleston failed in the last legislative session, an official from the state’s Commission on Higher Education said the commission could approve the college becoming a research university if it changed its mission statement.
The subject of Wojcik’s future wasn’t on the official agenda, but could be discussed when the board moves into executive session.
Before the start of the first July evaluation period, it was reported that Wojcik would not be allowed on the recruiting trail, leaving those duties to his three assistant coaches. Last week, with permission from administration, he made several stops at various grassroots events, according to the Post and Courier.
Wojcik has three years left on his contract, which pays him $400,000 annually. If he is fired without cause from the school, he is owed $1.2 million. Earlier this month, Wojcik was suspended for one month without pay instead of being fired.
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)