Jul 22, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
Earlier this month College of Charleston head coach Doug Wojcik was investigated for alleged verbal abuse he directed at players. On July 3, a detailed, 50-page report was released, documenting the allegations against Wojcik.
Wojcik, who has been the College of Charleston head coach for two years, has his job in jeopardy. This has been a tumultuous month for the school’s program, though, a decision could becoming soon, according to a report from Andrew Miller of the Post and Courier:
The College’s Board of Trustees is scheduled to meet Wednesday to change the school’s mission statement. After a bill to form a research university in Charleston failed in the last legislative session, an official from the state’s Commission on Higher Education said the commission could approve the college becoming a research university if it changed its mission statement.
The subject of Wojcik’s future wasn’t on the official agenda, but could be discussed when the board moves into executive session.
Before the start of the first July evaluation period, it was reported that Wojcik would not be allowed on the recruiting trail, leaving those duties to his three assistant coaches. Last week, with permission from administration, he made several stops at various grassroots events, according to the Post and Courier.
Wojcik has three years left on his contract, which pays him $400,000 annually. If he is fired without cause from the school, he is owed $1.2 million. Earlier this month, Wojcik was suspended for one month without pay instead of being fired.
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 7
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 4
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (7)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (4)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (4)