Jul 22, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
If Louisville football needs any help with its defensive line or its linebackers, head coach Bobby Petrino can call on Montrezl Harrell to fill it. At least, that’s according to Harrell, the Cardinals forward, who returned to campus for his junior season on the hardwood.
Harrell, who refers to himself as “football junkie”, told the Louisville Courier-Journal he is ready to suit up on the defensive side of the ball if and when the Louisville football team needs him to.
“If Coach Petrino needed me to play any possession in football, I’d be ready to play one possession of defense a game,” Harrell told Jonathan Lintner.
Of course, Louisville football would love for the 6-foot-8, 235-pound Harrell to line up, just like Florida football would have enjoyed throwing passes to 6-foot-9 tight end, Patric Young last fall, but Harrell on the gridiron is unrealistic.
The Cardinals, in their first season in the ACC, are arguably a top-10 team entering the season, with Harrell’s returning presence in the middle a big reason why. Luckily for ACC quarterbacks and running backs, Harrell’s future is brighter in basketball, as he is projected as a lottery pick in the 2015 NBA Draft by DraftExpress.com.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)