Jul 22, 2014, 4:30 PM EST
If Louisville football needs any help with its defensive line or its linebackers, head coach Bobby Petrino can call on Montrezl Harrell to fill it. At least, that’s according to Harrell, the Cardinals forward, who returned to campus for his junior season on the hardwood.
Harrell, who refers to himself as “football junkie”, told the Louisville Courier-Journal he is ready to suit up on the defensive side of the ball if and when the Louisville football team needs him to.
“If Coach Petrino needed me to play any possession in football, I’d be ready to play one possession of defense a game,” Harrell told Jonathan Lintner.
Of course, Louisville football would love for the 6-foot-8, 235-pound Harrell to line up, just like Florida football would have enjoyed throwing passes to 6-foot-9 tight end, Patric Young last fall, but Harrell on the gridiron is unrealistic.
The Cardinals, in their first season in the ACC, are arguably a top-10 team entering the season, with Harrell’s returning presence in the middle a big reason why. Luckily for ACC quarterbacks and running backs, Harrell’s future is brighter in basketball, as he is projected as a lottery pick in the 2015 NBA Draft by DraftExpress.com.
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives 2
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 13
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)