Jul 22, 2014, 4:30 PM EST
If Louisville football needs any help with its defensive line or its linebackers, head coach Bobby Petrino can call on Montrezl Harrell to fill it. At least, that’s according to Harrell, the Cardinals forward, who returned to campus for his junior season on the hardwood.
Harrell, who refers to himself as “football junkie”, told the Louisville Courier-Journal he is ready to suit up on the defensive side of the ball if and when the Louisville football team needs him to.
“If Coach Petrino needed me to play any possession in football, I’d be ready to play one possession of defense a game,” Harrell told Jonathan Lintner.
Of course, Louisville football would love for the 6-foot-8, 235-pound Harrell to line up, just like Florida football would have enjoyed throwing passes to 6-foot-9 tight end, Patric Young last fall, but Harrell on the gridiron is unrealistic.
The Cardinals, in their first season in the ACC, are arguably a top-10 team entering the season, with Harrell’s returning presence in the middle a big reason why. Luckily for ACC quarterbacks and running backs, Harrell’s future is brighter in basketball, as he is projected as a lottery pick in the 2015 NBA Draft by DraftExpress.com.
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 1
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program 13
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 1
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (8)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)