Jul 22, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
If Louisville football needs any help with its defensive line or its linebackers, head coach Bobby Petrino can call on Montrezl Harrell to fill it. At least, that’s according to Harrell, the Cardinals forward, who returned to campus for his junior season on the hardwood.
Harrell, who refers to himself as “football junkie”, told the Louisville Courier-Journal he is ready to suit up on the defensive side of the ball if and when the Louisville football team needs him to.
“If Coach Petrino needed me to play any possession in football, I’d be ready to play one possession of defense a game,” Harrell told Jonathan Lintner.
Of course, Louisville football would love for the 6-foot-8, 235-pound Harrell to line up, just like Florida football would have enjoyed throwing passes to 6-foot-9 tight end, Patric Young last fall, but Harrell on the gridiron is unrealistic.
The Cardinals, in their first season in the ACC, are arguably a top-10 team entering the season, with Harrell’s returning presence in the middle a big reason why. Luckily for ACC quarterbacks and running backs, Harrell’s future is brighter in basketball, as he is projected as a lottery pick in the 2015 NBA Draft by DraftExpress.com.
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Syracuse legend to undergo surgery on a brain tumor this week (2)
- Wake Forest dismissed senior point guard for rules violation (1)
- Is Louisville’s non-conference schedule weak by design? (1)
- 10 year old Ohio State fan worried heart surgery would make him love Michigan (1)