Jul 23, 2014, 2:55 PM EDT
Maker’s Mark has made a habit of designing commemorative bottles for the biggest sports stars in the state of Kentucky. Rick Pitino has his own. So does John Calipari. Former Louisville football coach Charlie Strong got one as well, but I’m guessing that a few have been broken since he left for Texas.
The latest commemorative bottle goes to Tom Jurich, Louisville’s athletic director. The bottle also just so happen to feature a giant ACC logo above his head to celebrate the third conference that Louisville has been a part of the past three years.
As much as I love Maker’s Mark, I’d never spend an extra dime to get a commemorative bottle unless that commemorative bottle featured a special blend of bourbon or more whiskey in the bottle itself.
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 33
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 6
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (36)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (6)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)