Jul 23, 2014, 2:55 PM EST
Maker’s Mark has made a habit of designing commemorative bottles for the biggest sports stars in the state of Kentucky. Rick Pitino has his own. So does John Calipari. Former Louisville football coach Charlie Strong got one as well, but I’m guessing that a few have been broken since he left for Texas.
The latest commemorative bottle goes to Tom Jurich, Louisville’s athletic director. The bottle also just so happen to feature a giant ACC logo above his head to celebrate the third conference that Louisville has been a part of the past three years.
As much as I love Maker’s Mark, I’d never spend an extra dime to get a commemorative bottle unless that commemorative bottle featured a special blend of bourbon or more whiskey in the bottle itself.
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- Bubble Banter: Boise State, St. John’s, Dayton win the day; Texas, N.C. State lose; and Kansas State? 4
- No. 1 Kentucky moves to 29-0 with blowout win over No. 18 Arkansas 3
- No. 11 Wichita State wins the Missouri Valley by knocking off No. 10 Northern Iowa 1
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (13)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)