Jul 23, 2014, 2:55 PM EDT
Maker’s Mark has made a habit of designing commemorative bottles for the biggest sports stars in the state of Kentucky. Rick Pitino has his own. So does John Calipari. Former Louisville football coach Charlie Strong got one as well, but I’m guessing that a few have been broken since he left for Texas.
The latest commemorative bottle goes to Tom Jurich, Louisville’s athletic director. The bottle also just so happen to feature a giant ACC logo above his head to celebrate the third conference that Louisville has been a part of the past three years.
As much as I love Maker’s Mark, I’d never spend an extra dime to get a commemorative bottle unless that commemorative bottle featured a special blend of bourbon or more whiskey in the bottle itself.
- Sources: Rick Barnes not expected to return to Texas 4
- Steve Lavin and St. John’s ‘mutually agree’ to part ways 1
- No. 2 Arizona pulls away from No. 6 Xavier, setting up West regional final rematch 0
- No. 3 Notre Dame knocks off No. 7 Wichita State to get to the Elite 8 17
- Tradition of success through change raises expectations at Xavier 1
- Sweet 16 Preview: The top 16 players left in the tournament 11
- Sweet 16 Preview: The x-factor in each game this week 1
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Kentucky moves SEC above .500 (23)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)
- NCAA’s Mark Emmert calls Indiana’s religious freedom bill ‘especially concerning’ (20)