Jul 23, 2014, 9:59 PM EDT
Having served as an assistant at USC Upstate since 2009, Kyle Perry has played an important role in the Spartans’ transition to the Division I level. On Tuesday he was rewarded with a promotion by head coach Eddie Payne, with Perry now being the program’s associate head coach.
“Coach Perry has demonstrated proficiency and excellence in so many difference phases of our program, and I thought it was appropriate to make him Associate Head Coach,” Payne said in the release announcing the move. “He has functioned in that role already, and I think the title speaks to what he does for our program and how he has impacted our program.”
Among the players Perry has been credited with helping the program land was forward Torrey Craig, who wrapped up a storied four-year career at USC Upstate this past spring. Craig left the school ranked in the top five in career points (second), rebounds (first) and blocked shots (fifth).
USC Upstate finished the 2013-14 season with a 19-15 record (11-7 Big South), and the Spartans reached the postseason (CIT) for the second time in the last three years. The Spartans’ season came to an end in the first round, as they fell 63-60 to Towson.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)