Jul 24, 2014, 11:55 AM EDT
The may be interesting to Kansas fans and only Kansas fans, but incoming Jayhawk freshman Svi Mykhailiuk is participating in the U18 European Championships as a member of the Ukranian team.
Mykhailiuk is playing in Division B, meaning he will be squaring off against the likes of Ireland, Denmark and Portugal instead of traditional European powers like Spain, Lithuania and Serbia, but he still put together a relatively promising performance in his first outing.
Mykhailiuk finished with 19 points, three boards, three steals and three assists in a blowout win over Portugal in his first game of the tournament, which is being held in Bulgaria.
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Syracuse legend to undergo surgery on a brain tumor this week (2)
- Wake Forest dismissed senior point guard for rules violation (1)
- Is Louisville’s non-conference schedule weak by design? (1)
- 10 year old Ohio State fan worried heart surgery would make him love Michigan (1)