Jul 24, 2014, 11:55 AM EDT
The may be interesting to Kansas fans and only Kansas fans, but incoming Jayhawk freshman Svi Mykhailiuk is participating in the U18 European Championships as a member of the Ukranian team.
Mykhailiuk is playing in Division B, meaning he will be squaring off against the likes of Ireland, Denmark and Portugal instead of traditional European powers like Spain, Lithuania and Serbia, but he still put together a relatively promising performance in his first outing.
Mykhailiuk finished with 19 points, three boards, three steals and three assists in a blowout win over Portugal in his first game of the tournament, which is being held in Bulgaria.
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Behind Thompson and Comer, Dunk City looks to take flight once again this March 1
- Stony Brook works toward NCAA appearance after DII transition 0
- Syracuse officials to meet NCAA Committee on Infractions later this month 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Texas A&M gets a tough guard, St. John’s big weekend, Xavier’s intriguing fit 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Key assistant coaching hires 0
- 2014-15 America East Preview: Does Stony Brook finally make the Tournament? 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- Has Maryland found a new starting center? (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Northeast Conference Preview: Is it time for Robert Morris to dance again? (1)