Jul 24, 2014, 11:55 AM EST
The may be interesting to Kansas fans and only Kansas fans, but incoming Jayhawk freshman Svi Mykhailiuk is participating in the U18 European Championships as a member of the Ukranian team.
Mykhailiuk is playing in Division B, meaning he will be squaring off against the likes of Ireland, Denmark and Portugal instead of traditional European powers like Spain, Lithuania and Serbia, but he still put together a relatively promising performance in his first outing.
Mykhailiuk finished with 19 points, three boards, three steals and three assists in a blowout win over Portugal in his first game of the tournament, which is being held in Bulgaria.
- Right wrist injury to sideline Maryland senior wing four weeks 0
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Penn State unveils new uniforms for next two games (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)