Jul 24, 2014, 11:55 AM EST
The may be interesting to Kansas fans and only Kansas fans, but incoming Jayhawk freshman Svi Mykhailiuk is participating in the U18 European Championships as a member of the Ukranian team.
Mykhailiuk is playing in Division B, meaning he will be squaring off against the likes of Ireland, Denmark and Portugal instead of traditional European powers like Spain, Lithuania and Serbia, but he still put together a relatively promising performance in his first outing.
Mykhailiuk finished with 19 points, three boards, three steals and three assists in a blowout win over Portugal in his first game of the tournament, which is being held in Bulgaria.
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 31
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)