Jul 24, 2014, 10:04 PM EST
Eric McKnight was unable to get the waiver he needed to play immediately at Tennessee, but he has found a landing spot for his final season of college.
McKnight will be heading to Long Beach State next season, according to a report from the Knoxville News Sentinel. A spokesperson for the 49ers could not confirm that McKnight had joined the program.
The 6-foot-9 forward has bounced around during his college career. He started out at Iowa State before transferring to Florida-Gulf Coast. After sitting out a season, he was a part of the Dunk City team that made a run to the 2013 Sweet 16. He played with the Eagles last season but was suspended twice during the year.
After the season, McKnight transferred out of the school. He initially committed to Tennessee, and while the NCAA granted him the graduate transfer waiver that he needed to play immediately, he was unable to get that waiver from the SEC. Since McKnight had already transferred during his college career, he was ineligible for the graduate transfer exemption and thus needed the waiver.
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 0
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (12)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)