Jul 24, 2014, 10:04 PM EST
Eric McKnight was unable to get the waiver he needed to play immediately at Tennessee, but he has found a landing spot for his final season of college.
McKnight will be heading to Long Beach State next season, according to a report from the Knoxville News Sentinel. A spokesperson for the 49ers could not confirm that McKnight had joined the program.
The 6-foot-9 forward has bounced around during his college career. He started out at Iowa State before transferring to Florida-Gulf Coast. After sitting out a season, he was a part of the Dunk City team that made a run to the 2013 Sweet 16. He played with the Eagles last season but was suspended twice during the year.
After the season, McKnight transferred out of the school. He initially committed to Tennessee, and while the NCAA granted him the graduate transfer waiver that he needed to play immediately, he was unable to get that waiver from the SEC. Since McKnight had already transferred during his college career, he was ineligible for the graduate transfer exemption and thus needed the waiver.
- Justin Anderson out this weekend after undergoing appendectomy 0
- West Coast Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Film Session: Who can actually beat Kentucky and why 0
- Potential NCAA tournament bid thieves bubble teams should be rooting against 2
- Bubble Banter: Why LSU losing is bad news for Texas A&M 2
- Bonzie Colson continues hot streak as No. 12 Notre Dame wins at No. 16 Louisville 2
- Potential Cinderellas you want to win their automatic bid 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (26)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (11)
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed (8)
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives (6)