Jul 24, 2014, 10:04 PM EST
Eric McKnight was unable to get the waiver he needed to play immediately at Tennessee, but he has found a landing spot for his final season of college.
McKnight will be heading to Long Beach State next season, according to a report from the Knoxville News Sentinel. A spokesperson for the 49ers could not confirm that McKnight had joined the program.
The 6-foot-9 forward has bounced around during his college career. He started out at Iowa State before transferring to Florida-Gulf Coast. After sitting out a season, he was a part of the Dunk City team that made a run to the 2013 Sweet 16. He played with the Eagles last season but was suspended twice during the year.
After the season, McKnight transferred out of the school. He initially committed to Tennessee, and while the NCAA granted him the graduate transfer waiver that he needed to play immediately, he was unable to get that waiver from the SEC. Since McKnight had already transferred during his college career, he was ineligible for the graduate transfer exemption and thus needed the waiver.
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)
- Colorado’s second half run a product of its focus on getting the ball inside (3)