Jul 24, 2014, 10:04 PM EDT
Eric McKnight was unable to get the waiver he needed to play immediately at Tennessee, but he has found a landing spot for his final season of college.
McKnight will be heading to Long Beach State next season, according to a report from the Knoxville News Sentinel. A spokesperson for the 49ers could not confirm that McKnight had joined the program.
The 6-foot-9 forward has bounced around during his college career. He started out at Iowa State before transferring to Florida-Gulf Coast. After sitting out a season, he was a part of the Dunk City team that made a run to the 2013 Sweet 16. He played with the Eagles last season but was suspended twice during the year.
After the season, McKnight transferred out of the school. He initially committed to Tennessee, and while the NCAA granted him the graduate transfer waiver that he needed to play immediately, he was unable to get that waiver from the SEC. Since McKnight had already transferred during his college career, he was ineligible for the graduate transfer exemption and thus needed the waiver.
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Watch Kentucky fans sprinting to line up for Big Blue Madness tickets (VIDEO) (2)
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference (2)