Jul 24, 2014, 6:45 PM EDT
As you can see in the video above, Detrick Mostella received word today that he had made it through the NCAA’s Clearinghouse and will be eligible to play immediately for Tennessee this season.
Mostella is an athletic, 6-foot-3 guard from Alabama that’s ranked No. 53 in the Class of 2014, but he has had a bit of a wild ride over the last two years. After spending three years in high school in Alabama he transferred to La Lumiere in Indiana. He initially signed with Oklahoma State before backing out of his letter of intent and committing to Pitt. Before he made it into Jamie Dixon’s program he wound up at Notre Dame Prep as a fifth-year senior, eventually committing to Tennessee this May after Donnie Tyndall was hired.
There were still some concerns about Mostella’s initial eligibility, but those were erased on Thursday.
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Oklahoma guard Buddy Hield returning for senior season 0
- Arizona forward Stanley Johnson enters 2015 NBA Draft 2
- California guard Tyrone Wallace to return for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (17)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Five members of Iowa State’s 2014-15 team have been arrested after two more arrests this week (9)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)