Jul 24, 2014, 6:45 PM EDT
As you can see in the video above, Detrick Mostella received word today that he had made it through the NCAA’s Clearinghouse and will be eligible to play immediately for Tennessee this season.
Mostella is an athletic, 6-foot-3 guard from Alabama that’s ranked No. 53 in the Class of 2014, but he has had a bit of a wild ride over the last two years. After spending three years in high school in Alabama he transferred to La Lumiere in Indiana. He initially signed with Oklahoma State before backing out of his letter of intent and committing to Pitt. Before he made it into Jamie Dixon’s program he wound up at Notre Dame Prep as a fifth-year senior, eventually committing to Tennessee this May after Donnie Tyndall was hired.
There were still some concerns about Mostella’s initial eligibility, but those were erased on Thursday.
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1