Jul 24, 2014, 6:45 PM EDT
As you can see in the video above, Detrick Mostella received word today that he had made it through the NCAA’s Clearinghouse and will be eligible to play immediately for Tennessee this season.
Mostella is an athletic, 6-foot-3 guard from Alabama that’s ranked No. 53 in the Class of 2014, but he has had a bit of a wild ride over the last two years. After spending three years in high school in Alabama he transferred to La Lumiere in Indiana. He initially signed with Oklahoma State before backing out of his letter of intent and committing to Pitt. Before he made it into Jamie Dixon’s program he wound up at Notre Dame Prep as a fifth-year senior, eventually committing to Tennessee this May after Donnie Tyndall was hired.
There were still some concerns about Mostella’s initial eligibility, but those were erased on Thursday.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UCF lands a unique center, Tennessee’s impact wing, Saint Louis gets rising center 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 6 Virginia Cavaliers 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: College Basketball Dream Team 1
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- Sophomore guard decides to leave Kansas program (4)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)