Jul 24, 2014, 6:45 PM EST
As you can see in the video above, Detrick Mostella received word today that he had made it through the NCAA’s Clearinghouse and will be eligible to play immediately for Tennessee this season.
Mostella is an athletic, 6-foot-3 guard from Alabama that’s ranked No. 53 in the Class of 2014, but he has had a bit of a wild ride over the last two years. After spending three years in high school in Alabama he transferred to La Lumiere in Indiana. He initially signed with Oklahoma State before backing out of his letter of intent and committing to Pitt. Before he made it into Jamie Dixon’s program he wound up at Notre Dame Prep as a fifth-year senior, eventually committing to Tennessee this May after Donnie Tyndall was hired.
There were still some concerns about Mostella’s initial eligibility, but those were erased on Thursday.
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 0
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- Bubble Banter: Boise State, St. John’s, Dayton win the day; Texas, N.C. State lose; and Kansas State? 4
- No. 1 Kentucky moves to 29-0 with blowout win over No. 18 Arkansas 3
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (13)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)