Jul 24, 2014, 6:45 PM EST
As you can see in the video above, Detrick Mostella received word today that he had made it through the NCAA’s Clearinghouse and will be eligible to play immediately for Tennessee this season.
Mostella is an athletic, 6-foot-3 guard from Alabama that’s ranked No. 53 in the Class of 2014, but he has had a bit of a wild ride over the last two years. After spending three years in high school in Alabama he transferred to La Lumiere in Indiana. He initially signed with Oklahoma State before backing out of his letter of intent and committing to Pitt. Before he made it into Jamie Dixon’s program he wound up at Notre Dame Prep as a fifth-year senior, eventually committing to Tennessee this May after Donnie Tyndall was hired.
There were still some concerns about Mostella’s initial eligibility, but those were erased on Thursday.
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)