Jul 24, 2014, 12:21 PM EDT
On Wednesday, the MGM Grand and bd Global announced two more early season college basketball events that will be taking place in Las Vegas this season. Both will be held at the 16,000-seat MGM Grand Garden Arena.
The first will be called the MGM Grand Main Event. It features eight teams, will be played on Nov. 24th and 26th, the Monday and Wednesday of Thanksgiving week; essentially, it runs concurrently with the Maui Invitational. The Main Event will be a pair of four team tournaments, with the Heavyweight bracket including Auburn, Oklahoma State, Oregon State and Tulsa and the Middleweight bracket featuring Louisiana, Milwaukee, Oral Roberts and a final team that will soon be announced.
Tip times and matchups will be announced in August.
The second event is titled the MGM Grand Showcase and will be a double-header with Oklahoma and Washington kicking off the action before UNLV plays their first game at the MGM Grand Garden Arena, taking on Utah. The Showcase will take place on Dec. 20th with the first game starting at 9:00 p.m. ET.
- Former Kansas State guard transferring to Creighton 0
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 2
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (7)