Jul 25, 2014, 4:47 PM EDT
On multiple occasions this offseason the weight lost by Iowa State junior forward Georges Niang has been a topic of conversation. After having played at about 255 last season Niang estimated that he’d lost some 25 pounds this offseason. Friday morning Niang posted a before and after picture on his Instagram account, and it’s safe to say that there’s no doubt that he’s reshaped his body.
With leading scorers DeAndre Kane and Melvin Ejim moving even more will be expected of Niang, who was a third team All-Big 12 selection last season. And with that in mind Niang’s put in the hard work needed to be equipped to handle those responsibilities in 2014-15.
Iowa State finished the 2013-14 season with a 28-8 record, winning the Big 12 tournament title and reaching the Sweet 16 for the first time since 2000. However the Cyclones felt that more could have been achieved had Niang not suffered a broken fifth metatarsal in his foot in their NCAA tournament opening win over North Carolina Central.
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1