Jul 25, 2014, 4:47 PM EDT
On multiple occasions this offseason the weight lost by Iowa State junior forward Georges Niang has been a topic of conversation. After having played at about 255 last season Niang estimated that he’d lost some 25 pounds this offseason. Friday morning Niang posted a before and after picture on his Instagram account, and it’s safe to say that there’s no doubt that he’s reshaped his body.
With leading scorers DeAndre Kane and Melvin Ejim moving even more will be expected of Niang, who was a third team All-Big 12 selection last season. And with that in mind Niang’s put in the hard work needed to be equipped to handle those responsibilities in 2014-15.
Iowa State finished the 2013-14 season with a 28-8 record, winning the Big 12 tournament title and reaching the Sweet 16 for the first time since 2000. However the Cyclones felt that more could have been achieved had Niang not suffered a broken fifth metatarsal in his foot in their NCAA tournament opening win over North Carolina Central.
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 1
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Watch Kentucky fans sprinting to line up for Big Blue Madness tickets (VIDEO) (2)
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference (2)