Jul 25, 2014, 4:47 PM EDT
On multiple occasions this offseason the weight lost by Iowa State junior forward Georges Niang has been a topic of conversation. After having played at about 255 last season Niang estimated that he’d lost some 25 pounds this offseason. Friday morning Niang posted a before and after picture on his Instagram account, and it’s safe to say that there’s no doubt that he’s reshaped his body.
With leading scorers DeAndre Kane and Melvin Ejim moving even more will be expected of Niang, who was a third team All-Big 12 selection last season. And with that in mind Niang’s put in the hard work needed to be equipped to handle those responsibilities in 2014-15.
Iowa State finished the 2013-14 season with a 28-8 record, winning the Big 12 tournament title and reaching the Sweet 16 for the first time since 2000. However the Cyclones felt that more could have been achieved had Niang not suffered a broken fifth metatarsal in his foot in their NCAA tournament opening win over North Carolina Central.
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)
- Sean Miller gives update on Arizona forward Brandon Ashley (1)