Jul 25, 2014, 4:47 PM EDT
On multiple occasions this offseason the weight lost by Iowa State junior forward Georges Niang has been a topic of conversation. After having played at about 255 last season Niang estimated that he’d lost some 25 pounds this offseason. Friday morning Niang posted a before and after picture on his Instagram account, and it’s safe to say that there’s no doubt that he’s reshaped his body.
With leading scorers DeAndre Kane and Melvin Ejim moving even more will be expected of Niang, who was a third team All-Big 12 selection last season. And with that in mind Niang’s put in the hard work needed to be equipped to handle those responsibilities in 2014-15.
Iowa State finished the 2013-14 season with a 28-8 record, winning the Big 12 tournament title and reaching the Sweet 16 for the first time since 2000. However the Cyclones felt that more could have been achieved had Niang not suffered a broken fifth metatarsal in his foot in their NCAA tournament opening win over North Carolina Central.
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 2
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (5)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)