Jul 25, 2014, 4:47 PM EDT
On multiple occasions this offseason the weight lost by Iowa State junior forward Georges Niang has been a topic of conversation. After having played at about 255 last season Niang estimated that he’d lost some 25 pounds this offseason. Friday morning Niang posted a before and after picture on his Instagram account, and it’s safe to say that there’s no doubt that he’s reshaped his body.
With leading scorers DeAndre Kane and Melvin Ejim moving even more will be expected of Niang, who was a third team All-Big 12 selection last season. And with that in mind Niang’s put in the hard work needed to be equipped to handle those responsibilities in 2014-15.
Iowa State finished the 2013-14 season with a 28-8 record, winning the Big 12 tournament title and reaching the Sweet 16 for the first time since 2000. However the Cyclones felt that more could have been achieved had Niang not suffered a broken fifth metatarsal in his foot in their NCAA tournament opening win over North Carolina Central.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)