Jul 26, 2014, 4:54 PM EDT
There has been quite a bit of talk about the weight that Kennedy Meeks has lost this offseason.
He’s down to the 270-pound range after playing much of last season around 320. He’s lost so much weight, in fact, that Meeks can now windmill, as you see in the video above.
Meeks averaged 7.6 points and 6.1 boards in 16 minutes as a freshman, but he was one of the most inconsistent players in the country, swapping dominating performances with forgettable nights. Losing this weight should not only allow Meeks to play more minutes, the hope is that it will allow him to be more consistent.
You see what he looks like above. This is what he looked like as a senior in high school:
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)