Jul 26, 2014, 4:54 PM EDT
There has been quite a bit of talk about the weight that Kennedy Meeks has lost this offseason.
He’s down to the 270-pound range after playing much of last season around 320. He’s lost so much weight, in fact, that Meeks can now windmill, as you see in the video above.
Meeks averaged 7.6 points and 6.1 boards in 16 minutes as a freshman, but he was one of the most inconsistent players in the country, swapping dominating performances with forgettable nights. Losing this weight should not only allow Meeks to play more minutes, the hope is that it will allow him to be more consistent.
You see what he looks like above. This is what he looked like as a senior in high school:
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 0
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 6
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (6)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)