Jul 27, 2014, 9:39 PM EST
With his grassroots basketball career now complete, the next steps for 2015 center Stephen Zimmerman are to put together a solid senior season at Bishop Gorman High School in Las Vegas and pick the school where he’ll play his college basketball. And in order to gather all of the information needed to make that decision Zimmerman will take five official visits, and that schedule was announced via Twitter Sunday evening.
North Carolina will get the first visit the weekend of October 3, with Kansas (October 10), Kentucky (October 17) and UCLA (October 24) hosting Zimmerman the following three weekends. Zimmerman’s final official visit will be to Arizona on November 7. And it should be noted that this does not represent a cutting of Zimmerman’s list, with Indiana and UNLV remaining among the possible choices.
Zimmerman originally cut his list to eight schools back in April, but Louisville was dropped in the aftermath of the Cardinals receiving a verbal commitment from 6-foot-9 power forward Raymond Spaulding.
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives 5
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 12
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 3
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)