Jul 27, 2014, 9:39 PM EST
With his grassroots basketball career now complete, the next steps for 2015 center Stephen Zimmerman are to put together a solid senior season at Bishop Gorman High School in Las Vegas and pick the school where he’ll play his college basketball. And in order to gather all of the information needed to make that decision Zimmerman will take five official visits, and that schedule was announced via Twitter Sunday evening.
North Carolina will get the first visit the weekend of October 3, with Kansas (October 10), Kentucky (October 17) and UCLA (October 24) hosting Zimmerman the following three weekends. Zimmerman’s final official visit will be to Arizona on November 7. And it should be noted that this does not represent a cutting of Zimmerman’s list, with Indiana and UNLV remaining among the possible choices.
Zimmerman originally cut his list to eight schools back in April, but Louisville was dropped in the aftermath of the Cardinals receiving a verbal commitment from 6-foot-9 power forward Raymond Spaulding.
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 0
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)