Jul 27, 2014, 9:39 PM EDT
With his grassroots basketball career now complete, the next steps for 2015 center Stephen Zimmerman are to put together a solid senior season at Bishop Gorman High School in Las Vegas and pick the school where he’ll play his college basketball. And in order to gather all of the information needed to make that decision Zimmerman will take five official visits, and that schedule was announced via Twitter Sunday evening.
North Carolina will get the first visit the weekend of October 3, with Kansas (October 10), Kentucky (October 17) and UCLA (October 24) hosting Zimmerman the following three weekends. Zimmerman’s final official visit will be to Arizona on November 7. And it should be noted that this does not represent a cutting of Zimmerman’s list, with Indiana and UNLV remaining among the possible choices.
Zimmerman originally cut his list to eight schools back in April, but Louisville was dropped in the aftermath of the Cardinals receiving a verbal commitment from 6-foot-9 power forward Raymond Spaulding.
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)