Jul 27, 2014, 9:39 PM EDT
With his grassroots basketball career now complete, the next steps for 2015 center Stephen Zimmerman are to put together a solid senior season at Bishop Gorman High School in Las Vegas and pick the school where he’ll play his college basketball. And in order to gather all of the information needed to make that decision Zimmerman will take five official visits, and that schedule was announced via Twitter Sunday evening.
North Carolina will get the first visit the weekend of October 3, with Kansas (October 10), Kentucky (October 17) and UCLA (October 24) hosting Zimmerman the following three weekends. Zimmerman’s final official visit will be to Arizona on November 7. And it should be noted that this does not represent a cutting of Zimmerman’s list, with Indiana and UNLV remaining among the possible choices.
Zimmerman originally cut his list to eight schools back in April, but Louisville was dropped in the aftermath of the Cardinals receiving a verbal commitment from 6-foot-9 power forward Raymond Spaulding.
- Tradition of success through change raises expectations at Xavier 0
- Sweet 16 Preview: The top 16 players left in the tournament 7
- Sweet 16 Preview: The x-factor in each game this week 1
- Ranking the Sweet 16 matchups 8
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close 35
- Sweet 16 Power Rankings: Reseeding the NCAA tournament field 15
- Ben Howland to become the next Mississippi State head coach 6
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (35)
- You Make The Call: Did No. 11 UCLA beat No. 6 SMU on a goaltend or a blown call? (VIDEO) (32)
- Updated tournament records: Five ACC, three Pac-12 teams headed to Sweet 16 (22)
- Reports: Indiana coach Tom Crean said ‘you suck’ to referee after loss to Wichita State (19)
- R.J. Hunter, No. 14 Georgia State beat No. 3 Baylor in final seconds (VIDEO) (16)