Jul 27, 2014, 9:39 PM EDT
With his grassroots basketball career now complete, the next steps for 2015 center Stephen Zimmerman are to put together a solid senior season at Bishop Gorman High School in Las Vegas and pick the school where he’ll play his college basketball. And in order to gather all of the information needed to make that decision Zimmerman will take five official visits, and that schedule was announced via Twitter Sunday evening.
North Carolina will get the first visit the weekend of October 3, with Kansas (October 10), Kentucky (October 17) and UCLA (October 24) hosting Zimmerman the following three weekends. Zimmerman’s final official visit will be to Arizona on November 7. And it should be noted that this does not represent a cutting of Zimmerman’s list, with Indiana and UNLV remaining among the possible choices.
Zimmerman originally cut his list to eight schools back in April, but Louisville was dropped in the aftermath of the Cardinals receiving a verbal commitment from 6-foot-9 power forward Raymond Spaulding.
- Five-star shooting guard focusing on ten schools 0
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? 2
- Source: Isaac Humphries expected to commit to Kentucky, enroll in 2015 1
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)
- Wichita State forward working hard to improve offensive repertoire (3)
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)
- Another Division I coach loses their job in the wake of the Donnie Tyndall scandal (3)