Jul 27, 2014, 3:45 PM EST
Bishop Gorman High (Nevada) 2015 center Chase Jeter is close to making a decision. Though he will wait several weeks to announce his choice, according to Jeff Borzello of CBS Sports.
“I think I’m going to make my decision this week,” Jeter told Borzello this week in Las Vegas. “And then I’ll probably announce in two weeks or so.”
The 6-foot-10 Jeter is considering Arizona, Duke, UCLA and UNLV. Borzello notes that Duke is considered the favorite at the moment over the three programs out West. Though, UCLA continues to push hard for Jeter, UNLV is located in his hometown and Arizona head coach Sean Miller served as an assistant coach on the USA Basketball U18 team Jeter played on in June at the FIBA Americas Championships.
Jeter previously told NBCSports.com that those four schools were on a list with Oregon and Kansas.
In a big man heavy class, the five-star prospect has been able to standout this summer, playing with Dream Vision on the adidas circuit, and contributing to USA Basketball’s run to the gold medal.
Jeter told Borzello he will participate in adidas Nations in early August, which could be where he announces his choice.
- ACC suspends Louisville junior forward Montrezl Harrell one game 0
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 5
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 3
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (5)
- Tracking The Unbeatens: There are now just nine teams without a loss (3)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (3)