Jul 27, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
Bishop Gorman High (Nevada) 2015 center Chase Jeter is close to making a decision. Though he will wait several weeks to announce his choice, according to Jeff Borzello of CBS Sports.
“I think I’m going to make my decision this week,” Jeter told Borzello this week in Las Vegas. “And then I’ll probably announce in two weeks or so.”
The 6-foot-10 Jeter is considering Arizona, Duke, UCLA and UNLV. Borzello notes that Duke is considered the favorite at the moment over the three programs out West. Though, UCLA continues to push hard for Jeter, UNLV is located in his hometown and Arizona head coach Sean Miller served as an assistant coach on the USA Basketball U18 team Jeter played on in June at the FIBA Americas Championships.
Jeter previously told NBCSports.com that those four schools were on a list with Oregon and Kansas.
In a big man heavy class, the five-star prospect has been able to standout this summer, playing with Dream Vision on the adidas circuit, and contributing to USA Basketball’s run to the gold medal.
Jeter told Borzello he will participate in adidas Nations in early August, which could be where he announces his choice.
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Seventh Woods down to three schools, sets official visits (3)
- Former Oklahoma State guard suing university, head coach Travis Ford (3)
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five (2)
- ACC releases its full conference schedule (2)
- Throwback Thursday: Juan Dixon and company win Maryland’s lone national title (2)