Jul 27, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
Bishop Gorman High (Nevada) 2015 center Chase Jeter is close to making a decision. Though he will wait several weeks to announce his choice, according to Jeff Borzello of CBS Sports.
“I think I’m going to make my decision this week,” Jeter told Borzello this week in Las Vegas. “And then I’ll probably announce in two weeks or so.”
The 6-foot-10 Jeter is considering Arizona, Duke, UCLA and UNLV. Borzello notes that Duke is considered the favorite at the moment over the three programs out West. Though, UCLA continues to push hard for Jeter, UNLV is located in his hometown and Arizona head coach Sean Miller served as an assistant coach on the USA Basketball U18 team Jeter played on in June at the FIBA Americas Championships.
Jeter previously told NBCSports.com that those four schools were on a list with Oregon and Kansas.
In a big man heavy class, the five-star prospect has been able to standout this summer, playing with Dream Vision on the adidas circuit, and contributing to USA Basketball’s run to the gold medal.
Jeter told Borzello he will participate in adidas Nations in early August, which could be where he announces his choice.
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- 2015 NBA Draft: Pat Connaughton, Montrezl Harrell headline list of second round steals 0
- Karl-Anthony Towns becomes Kentucky’s third top overall pick in program history 1
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings (18)
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Jamal Murray’s commitment a huge boost for Kentucky (4)
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)