Jul 27, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
Bishop Gorman High (Nevada) 2015 center Chase Jeter is close to making a decision. Though he will wait several weeks to announce his choice, according to Jeff Borzello of CBS Sports.
“I think I’m going to make my decision this week,” Jeter told Borzello this week in Las Vegas. “And then I’ll probably announce in two weeks or so.”
The 6-foot-10 Jeter is considering Arizona, Duke, UCLA and UNLV. Borzello notes that Duke is considered the favorite at the moment over the three programs out West. Though, UCLA continues to push hard for Jeter, UNLV is located in his hometown and Arizona head coach Sean Miller served as an assistant coach on the USA Basketball U18 team Jeter played on in June at the FIBA Americas Championships.
Jeter previously told NBCSports.com that those four schools were on a list with Oregon and Kansas.
In a big man heavy class, the five-star prospect has been able to standout this summer, playing with Dream Vision on the adidas circuit, and contributing to USA Basketball’s run to the gold medal.
Jeter told Borzello he will participate in adidas Nations in early August, which could be where he announces his choice.
- No. 3 Notre Dame knocks off No. 7 Wichita State to get to the Elite 8 13
- Tradition of success through change raises expectations at Xavier 1
- Sweet 16 Preview: The top 16 players left in the tournament 10
- Sweet 16 Preview: The x-factor in each game this week 1
- Ranking the Sweet 16 matchups 8
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close 36
- Sweet 16 Power Rankings: Reseeding the NCAA tournament field 15
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Updated tournament records: Kentucky moves SEC above .500 (22)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)
- Reports: Indiana coach Tom Crean said ‘you suck’ to referee after loss to Wichita State (19)
- Sweet 16 Power Rankings: Reseeding the NCAA tournament field (15)