Jul 27, 2014, 3:45 PM EST
Bishop Gorman High (Nevada) 2015 center Chase Jeter is close to making a decision. Though he will wait several weeks to announce his choice, according to Jeff Borzello of CBS Sports.
“I think I’m going to make my decision this week,” Jeter told Borzello this week in Las Vegas. “And then I’ll probably announce in two weeks or so.”
The 6-foot-10 Jeter is considering Arizona, Duke, UCLA and UNLV. Borzello notes that Duke is considered the favorite at the moment over the three programs out West. Though, UCLA continues to push hard for Jeter, UNLV is located in his hometown and Arizona head coach Sean Miller served as an assistant coach on the USA Basketball U18 team Jeter played on in June at the FIBA Americas Championships.
Jeter previously told NBCSports.com that those four schools were on a list with Oregon and Kansas.
In a big man heavy class, the five-star prospect has been able to standout this summer, playing with Dream Vision on the adidas circuit, and contributing to USA Basketball’s run to the gold medal.
Jeter told Borzello he will participate in adidas Nations in early August, which could be where he announces his choice.
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)