Jul 28, 2014, 3:36 PM EST
Washington has landed a commitment from Jermaine Haley, a Class of 2016 point guard from British Columbia.
Haley is an intriguing prospect. He’s a point guard but he also stands 6-foot-6, drawing some comparisons to Michael Carter-Williams and Kyle Anderson the way that every big point guard is going to draw comparisons to those two players.
Here is how Rivals’ Eric Bossi describes him: “He is a fluid athlete with a high skill level who makes things look easy. He can pass, is athletic and looks to be a good enough jump shooter to keep defenders honest. What Haley isn’t yet is overly aggressive. At times, he is a defender’s best friend because he doesn’t test them quite like he is capable of doing.”
Haley will be spending next season, his junior season in high school, at the Canarias Basketball Academy on the Canary Islands. He’s currently unranked by Rivals, but that will change when they are updated. Haley reported offers from Memphis, Oregon and Gonzaga, Louisville, Maryland, Illinois, Clemson, and Oregon State, and when those schools are pursuing you as a rising junior, it usually means you’re a top 100 player.
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 31
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)