Jul 28, 2014, 3:36 PM EDT
Washington has landed a commitment from Jermaine Haley, a Class of 2016 point guard from British Columbia.
Haley is an intriguing prospect. He’s a point guard but he also stands 6-foot-6, drawing some comparisons to Michael Carter-Williams and Kyle Anderson the way that every big point guard is going to draw comparisons to those two players.
Here is how Rivals’ Eric Bossi describes him: “He is a fluid athlete with a high skill level who makes things look easy. He can pass, is athletic and looks to be a good enough jump shooter to keep defenders honest. What Haley isn’t yet is overly aggressive. At times, he is a defender’s best friend because he doesn’t test them quite like he is capable of doing.”
Haley will be spending next season, his junior season in high school, at the Canarias Basketball Academy on the Canary Islands. He’s currently unranked by Rivals, but that will change when they are updated. Haley reported offers from Memphis, Oregon and Gonzaga, Louisville, Maryland, Illinois, Clemson, and Oregon State, and when those schools are pursuing you as a rising junior, it usually means you’re a top 100 player.
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Watch Kentucky fans sprinting to line up for Big Blue Madness tickets (VIDEO) (2)
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference (2)