Jul 28, 2014, 3:36 PM EDT
Washington has landed a commitment from Jermaine Haley, a Class of 2016 point guard from British Columbia.
Haley is an intriguing prospect. He’s a point guard but he also stands 6-foot-6, drawing some comparisons to Michael Carter-Williams and Kyle Anderson the way that every big point guard is going to draw comparisons to those two players.
Here is how Rivals’ Eric Bossi describes him: “He is a fluid athlete with a high skill level who makes things look easy. He can pass, is athletic and looks to be a good enough jump shooter to keep defenders honest. What Haley isn’t yet is overly aggressive. At times, he is a defender’s best friend because he doesn’t test them quite like he is capable of doing.”
Haley will be spending next season, his junior season in high school, at the Canarias Basketball Academy on the Canary Islands. He’s currently unranked by Rivals, but that will change when they are updated. Haley reported offers from Memphis, Oregon and Gonzaga, Louisville, Maryland, Illinois, Clemson, and Oregon State, and when those schools are pursuing you as a rising junior, it usually means you’re a top 100 player.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)
- UCLA lands four-star center, second 2017 commitment (3)
- So what happened to the chair Bobby Knight threw in 1985? (3)
- Flooding from storm damages Denver’s practice floor (PHOTOS) (3)