Jul 29, 2014, 4:27 PM EST
Malik Monk is the most exciting player in all of high school basketball.
He’s got crazy athleticism, and when he gets it going, he’s liable to go for 40, as he did against the Peach Jam finalists, or for 59, as he did at the EYBL stop out in Sacramento.
But Monk didn’t even make the first cut for the U17 team last week, largely because he’s as inconsistent as he is entertaining. The game after he went for 40 at Peach Jam he struggled through a 3-for-20 shooting night.
When he’s on, though, he’s a dream come true for the guys that make these mixtapes. You want proof? The video you see above isn’t even the best mixtape of him that came out this week. This is.
- NBCSports.com Midseason All-American Team 0
- Kentucky still has one more major test to pass this season and it might not come against Louisville 0
- Tracking The Unbeatens: The showdown between Kentucky, Louisville looms 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Ohio State Buckeyes 0
- Weekly Awards: Marquette’s new addition, a shakeup in Pac-12’s power structure ? 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Top 25: Virginia moves up, three teams drop out 1
- ACC suspends Louisville junior forward Montrezl Harrell one game 1
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Tracking The Unbeatens: There are now just nine teams without a loss (3)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (3)