Jul 29, 2014, 4:27 PM EDT
Malik Monk is the most exciting player in all of high school basketball.
He’s got crazy athleticism, and when he gets it going, he’s liable to go for 40, as he did against the Peach Jam finalists, or for 59, as he did at the EYBL stop out in Sacramento.
But Monk didn’t even make the first cut for the U17 team last week, largely because he’s as inconsistent as he is entertaining. The game after he went for 40 at Peach Jam he struggled through a 3-for-20 shooting night.
When he’s on, though, he’s a dream come true for the guys that make these mixtapes. You want proof? The video you see above isn’t even the best mixtape of him that came out this week. This is.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Behind Thompson and Comer, Dunk City looks to take flight once again this March 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)
- NCAA approves waiver to allow player with terminal cancer to play (1)