Jul 29, 2014, 4:27 PM EDT
Malik Monk is the most exciting player in all of high school basketball.
He’s got crazy athleticism, and when he gets it going, he’s liable to go for 40, as he did against the Peach Jam finalists, or for 59, as he did at the EYBL stop out in Sacramento.
But Monk didn’t even make the first cut for the U17 team last week, largely because he’s as inconsistent as he is entertaining. The game after he went for 40 at Peach Jam he struggled through a 3-for-20 shooting night.
When he’s on, though, he’s a dream come true for the guys that make these mixtapes. You want proof? The video you see above isn’t even the best mixtape of him that came out this week. This is.
- Kyle Wiltjer to return to Gonzaga for his senior season 0
- Utah’s Jakob Poeltl will return to school for his sophomore season 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Former Kansas State guard transferring to Creighton 0
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)