Jul 29, 2014, 4:27 PM EST
Malik Monk is the most exciting player in all of high school basketball.
He’s got crazy athleticism, and when he gets it going, he’s liable to go for 40, as he did against the Peach Jam finalists, or for 59, as he did at the EYBL stop out in Sacramento.
But Monk didn’t even make the first cut for the U17 team last week, largely because he’s as inconsistent as he is entertaining. The game after he went for 40 at Peach Jam he struggled through a 3-for-20 shooting night.
When he’s on, though, he’s a dream come true for the guys that make these mixtapes. You want proof? The video you see above isn’t even the best mixtape of him that came out this week. This is.
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)