Jul 29, 2014, 4:27 PM EDT
Malik Monk is the most exciting player in all of high school basketball.
He’s got crazy athleticism, and when he gets it going, he’s liable to go for 40, as he did against the Peach Jam finalists, or for 59, as he did at the EYBL stop out in Sacramento.
But Monk didn’t even make the first cut for the U17 team last week, largely because he’s as inconsistent as he is entertaining. The game after he went for 40 at Peach Jam he struggled through a 3-for-20 shooting night.
When he’s on, though, he’s a dream come true for the guys that make these mixtapes. You want proof? The video you see above isn’t even the best mixtape of him that came out this week. This is.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 2
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)