Jul 29, 2014, 9:31 AM EST
Louisville forward Akoy Agau will miss the next six weeks after undergoing surgery on Tuesday morning to repair a sports hernia.
The news was not know until Agau took to Instagram to post a picture of himself in a hospital gown with the caption, “Pre-surgery. Out in Philly about to go under the knife. About to get fixed up!! Then waking up and getting a huge Philly cheese steak.”
Agau will be out for six weeks recovering from the surgery, which would mean that he would be available to return to the court in mid-September. Practices start at the Division I level at the end of September.
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 0
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- Bubble Banter: Boise State, St. John’s, Dayton win the day; Texas, N.C. State lose; and Kansas State? 1
- No. 1 Kentucky moves to 29-0 with blowout win over No. 18 Arkansas 0
- No. 11 Wichita State wins the Missouri Valley by knocking off No. 10 Northern Iowa 0
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)