Jul 29, 2014, 9:31 AM EDT
Louisville forward Akoy Agau will miss the next six weeks after undergoing surgery on Tuesday morning to repair a sports hernia.
The news was not know until Agau took to Instagram to post a picture of himself in a hospital gown with the caption, “Pre-surgery. Out in Philly about to go under the knife. About to get fixed up!! Then waking up and getting a huge Philly cheese steak.”
Agau will be out for six weeks recovering from the surgery, which would mean that he would be available to return to the court in mid-September. Practices start at the Division I level at the end of September.
- Re-ranking Recruiting Classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2009? 1
- Florida State lands commitment from five-star 2016 prospect 0
- USA U19 team wins in overtime of gold-medal game over Croatia at FIBA World Championships 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Bill Self impresses South Korean students with jumper (VIDEO) (3)
- Senior mixtape of 7-foot-6 UCF incoming freshman Tacko Fall (VIDEO) (2)
- Rick Barnes finally addresses accusations against Texas (2)
- Steph Curry misses a dunk staring at his phone, runs to camera to see it (VIDEO) (2)
- Alabama self-reported 13 minor violations last academic year, including one for men’s basketball (2)