Jul 29, 2014, 9:31 AM EST
Louisville forward Akoy Agau will miss the next six weeks after undergoing surgery on Tuesday morning to repair a sports hernia.
The news was not know until Agau took to Instagram to post a picture of himself in a hospital gown with the caption, “Pre-surgery. Out in Philly about to go under the knife. About to get fixed up!! Then waking up and getting a huge Philly cheese steak.”
Agau will be out for six weeks recovering from the surgery, which would mean that he would be available to return to the court in mid-September. Practices start at the Division I level at the end of September.
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 10
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 18
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (19)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)