Jul 29, 2014, 9:31 AM EDT
Louisville forward Akoy Agau will miss the next six weeks after undergoing surgery on Tuesday morning to repair a sports hernia.
The news was not know until Agau took to Instagram to post a picture of himself in a hospital gown with the caption, “Pre-surgery. Out in Philly about to go under the knife. About to get fixed up!! Then waking up and getting a huge Philly cheese steak.”
Agau will be out for six weeks recovering from the surgery, which would mean that he would be available to return to the court in mid-September. Practices start at the Division I level at the end of September.
- Five-star shooting guard focusing on ten schools 0
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? 2
- Source: Isaac Humphries expected to commit to Kentucky, enroll in 2015 1
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)
- Another Division I coach loses their job in the wake of the Donnie Tyndall scandal (3)
- Ron Baker was the best college player for Team USA at Pan-Am Games (2)
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble (2)