Jul 29, 2014, 9:31 AM EDT
Louisville forward Akoy Agau will miss the next six weeks after undergoing surgery on Tuesday morning to repair a sports hernia.
The news was not know until Agau took to Instagram to post a picture of himself in a hospital gown with the caption, “Pre-surgery. Out in Philly about to go under the knife. About to get fixed up!! Then waking up and getting a huge Philly cheese steak.”
Agau will be out for six weeks recovering from the surgery, which would mean that he would be available to return to the court in mid-September. Practices start at the Division I level at the end of September.
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 37
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (37)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)