Jul 30, 2014, 6:51 PM EDT
Wednesday afternoon Ole Miss head coach Andy Kennedy received his second verbal commitment in the Class of 2015, as 6-foot-4 shooting guard Terence Davis (Southaven, Mississippi) verbally committed to play basketball at the SEC school. Davis, who is also an accomplished wide receiver at the high school level, picked Ole Miss over Cincinnati and Louisiana Tech and announced his decision via Twitter.
Davis joins junior college guard Rasheed Brooks as players committed to attend Ole Miss next year, with Brooks making his decision in mid-June. As a junior Davis performed well both on the gridiron (62 receptions for 1,062 yards and 19 touchdowns) and on the basketball court, averaging nearly 23 points per game. He played his grassroots basketball for the Team Thad program, which was also the team of Florida commit Chris Chiozza.
Davis and Brooks will join a backcourt in 2015 that will have lost both Jarvis Summer and LaDarius “Snoop” White, with both being seniors entering the 2014-15 season. Summers was one of the most improved players in the SEC last season, posting averages of 17.3 points, 3.8 assists and 2.4 rebounds per game. White, along with junior forward Anthony Perez, will be Ole Miss’ second-leading returnee after scoring 7.1 points per contest in 2013-14.
In addition to the return of Summers and White, Kennedy will also have three transfers among his perimeter rotation in 2014-15 with junior college products Stefan Moody and Roderick Lawrence and graduate transfer Terence Smith (UT-Martin) joining the program.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- 2015 NBA Draft: Pat Connaughton, Montrezl Harrell headline list of second round steals 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings (18)
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- NBA Draft Winners: Seven teams that should be happy with their draft (3)