Jul 30, 2014, 6:51 PM EST
Wednesday afternoon Ole Miss head coach Andy Kennedy received his second verbal commitment in the Class of 2015, as 6-foot-4 shooting guard Terence Davis (Southaven, Mississippi) verbally committed to play basketball at the SEC school. Davis, who is also an accomplished wide receiver at the high school level, picked Ole Miss over Cincinnati and Louisiana Tech and announced his decision via Twitter.
Davis joins junior college guard Rasheed Brooks as players committed to attend Ole Miss next year, with Brooks making his decision in mid-June. As a junior Davis performed well both on the gridiron (62 receptions for 1,062 yards and 19 touchdowns) and on the basketball court, averaging nearly 23 points per game. He played his grassroots basketball for the Team Thad program, which was also the team of Florida commit Chris Chiozza.
Davis and Brooks will join a backcourt in 2015 that will have lost both Jarvis Summer and LaDarius “Snoop” White, with both being seniors entering the 2014-15 season. Summers was one of the most improved players in the SEC last season, posting averages of 17.3 points, 3.8 assists and 2.4 rebounds per game. White, along with junior forward Anthony Perez, will be Ole Miss’ second-leading returnee after scoring 7.1 points per contest in 2013-14.
In addition to the return of Summers and White, Kennedy will also have three transfers among his perimeter rotation in 2014-15 with junior college products Stefan Moody and Roderick Lawrence and graduate transfer Terence Smith (UT-Martin) joining the program.
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 0
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 13
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Wisconsin’s loss to Maryland a massive blow, but not for the reasons you think 4
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)