Jul 30, 2014, 9:32 PM EDT
In the immediate aftermath of Tony Barbee being fired at Auburn, 6-foot-7 small forward Sam Logwood made the decision to remain signed with the program despite the fact that at the time the new head coach wasn’t known. Since then Bruce Pearl has been hired, and the work of his staff (Pearl’s show cause penalty doesn’t expire until late August) has resulted in a recruiting haul that has sparked enthusiasm for Auburn basketball on the Plains.
As for Logwood his desire to remain a Tiger changed as the summer progressed, and on Wednesday it was reported that his request to be released from the National Letter of Intent he signed was granted. Logwood’s decision moves Auburn closer to the 13-scholarship limit, with the Tigers “publicly” being one above that mark at present time.
Logwood’s an athletic wing who can help whichever new program he decides to join. However, something to consider in this is that according to Phillip Marshall of 247Sports Logwood had yet to be cleared academically. Which schools jump into the mix could be impacted by how sure they are that Logwood will get the clearance needed to step onto the court in 2014-15.
When he committed to attend Auburn in September 2013, Logwood held offers from programs such as Mississippi State, Creighton, Iowa and Wichita State (to name four).
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)