Jul 30, 2014, 9:32 PM EST
In the immediate aftermath of Tony Barbee being fired at Auburn, 6-foot-7 small forward Sam Logwood made the decision to remain signed with the program despite the fact that at the time the new head coach wasn’t known. Since then Bruce Pearl has been hired, and the work of his staff (Pearl’s show cause penalty doesn’t expire until late August) has resulted in a recruiting haul that has sparked enthusiasm for Auburn basketball on the Plains.
As for Logwood his desire to remain a Tiger changed as the summer progressed, and on Wednesday it was reported that his request to be released from the National Letter of Intent he signed was granted. Logwood’s decision moves Auburn closer to the 13-scholarship limit, with the Tigers “publicly” being one above that mark at present time.
Logwood’s an athletic wing who can help whichever new program he decides to join. However, something to consider in this is that according to Phillip Marshall of 247Sports Logwood had yet to be cleared academically. Which schools jump into the mix could be impacted by how sure they are that Logwood will get the clearance needed to step onto the court in 2014-15.
When he committed to attend Auburn in September 2013, Logwood held offers from programs such as Mississippi State, Creighton, Iowa and Wichita State (to name four).
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 4
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend (4)