Jul 30, 2014, 9:32 PM EST
In the immediate aftermath of Tony Barbee being fired at Auburn, 6-foot-7 small forward Sam Logwood made the decision to remain signed with the program despite the fact that at the time the new head coach wasn’t known. Since then Bruce Pearl has been hired, and the work of his staff (Pearl’s show cause penalty doesn’t expire until late August) has resulted in a recruiting haul that has sparked enthusiasm for Auburn basketball on the Plains.
As for Logwood his desire to remain a Tiger changed as the summer progressed, and on Wednesday it was reported that his request to be released from the National Letter of Intent he signed was granted. Logwood’s decision moves Auburn closer to the 13-scholarship limit, with the Tigers “publicly” being one above that mark at present time.
Logwood’s an athletic wing who can help whichever new program he decides to join. However, something to consider in this is that according to Phillip Marshall of 247Sports Logwood had yet to be cleared academically. Which schools jump into the mix could be impacted by how sure they are that Logwood will get the clearance needed to step onto the court in 2014-15.
When he committed to attend Auburn in September 2013, Logwood held offers from programs such as Mississippi State, Creighton, Iowa and Wichita State (to name four).
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 1
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)