Jul 30, 2014, 9:32 PM EST
In the immediate aftermath of Tony Barbee being fired at Auburn, 6-foot-7 small forward Sam Logwood made the decision to remain signed with the program despite the fact that at the time the new head coach wasn’t known. Since then Bruce Pearl has been hired, and the work of his staff (Pearl’s show cause penalty doesn’t expire until late August) has resulted in a recruiting haul that has sparked enthusiasm for Auburn basketball on the Plains.
As for Logwood his desire to remain a Tiger changed as the summer progressed, and on Wednesday it was reported that his request to be released from the National Letter of Intent he signed was granted. Logwood’s decision moves Auburn closer to the 13-scholarship limit, with the Tigers “publicly” being one above that mark at present time.
Logwood’s an athletic wing who can help whichever new program he decides to join. However, something to consider in this is that according to Phillip Marshall of 247Sports Logwood had yet to be cleared academically. Which schools jump into the mix could be impacted by how sure they are that Logwood will get the clearance needed to step onto the court in 2014-15.
When he committed to attend Auburn in September 2013, Logwood held offers from programs such as Mississippi State, Creighton, Iowa and Wichita State (to name four).
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)