Jul 31, 2014, 10:50 AM EDT
Donovan Mitchell has finally cut his list of schools, a process that has been a long time in the works.
On Thursday morning, Mitchell tweeted out that he was now only considering 10 schools: Providence, Creighton, Florida State, Indiana, Georgetown, Villanova, Louisville, Kansas, Boston College and North Carolina.
Mitchell was one of the fastest rising prospects in the country this July. He missed last year’s summer circuit because of a broken wrist and gained a new appreciation for the game and how it should be played, telling NBCSports earlier this month that “being out, I realized I wasn’t giving my all as much as I am now.”
A powerful, 6-foot-3 guard with long arms, Mitchell’s game resembles that of Dwayne Wade and Louisville guard Terry Rozier. He’s excellent attacking the glass, he can put the ball on the floor and finish above the rim, he’s a very capable passer and his three-point range continues to develop as well.
Mitchell is currently ranked No. 101 in Rivals top 150, but that’s a ranking that will shoot way up when the list gets updated. He had planned to trim his list much earlier this month, but as he started to blow up, so did his recruitment. He waited it out and has gone from being a priority target for Northeast schools to a national recruit being pursued by the likes of Louisville, Kansas and Indiana.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 0
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)