Jul 31, 2014, 10:50 AM EDT
Donovan Mitchell has finally cut his list of schools, a process that has been a long time in the works.
On Thursday morning, Mitchell tweeted out that he was now only considering 10 schools: Providence, Creighton, Florida State, Indiana, Georgetown, Villanova, Louisville, Kansas, Boston College and North Carolina.
Mitchell was one of the fastest rising prospects in the country this July. He missed last year’s summer circuit because of a broken wrist and gained a new appreciation for the game and how it should be played, telling NBCSports earlier this month that “being out, I realized I wasn’t giving my all as much as I am now.”
A powerful, 6-foot-3 guard with long arms, Mitchell’s game resembles that of Dwayne Wade and Louisville guard Terry Rozier. He’s excellent attacking the glass, he can put the ball on the floor and finish above the rim, he’s a very capable passer and his three-point range continues to develop as well.
Mitchell is currently ranked No. 101 in Rivals top 150, but that’s a ranking that will shoot way up when the list gets updated. He had planned to trim his list much earlier this month, but as he started to blow up, so did his recruitment. He waited it out and has gone from being a priority target for Northeast schools to a national recruit being pursued by the likes of Louisville, Kansas and Indiana.
- How Jaylen Brown’s commitment made a huge impact on the finalists recruiting him 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 3
- Five-star wing Jaylen Brown commits to California 0
- With Billy Donovan headed to Oklahoma City, where does this leave Florida? 5
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique 12
- Report: Billy Donovan, Oklahoma City ‘nearing an agreement’ on coaching vacancy 2
- CBT Roundtable: What rule would you change in college basketball? 11
- 2015 College Basketball Early Entry List (14)
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique (12)
- How concerned should North Carolina fans be that Brandon Ingram passed on the Tar Heels? (11)
- CBT Roundtable: What rule would you change in college basketball? (11)
- Former Duke guard speaks publicly for first time since dismissal from team (5)