Jul 31, 2014, 10:50 AM EST
Donovan Mitchell has finally cut his list of schools, a process that has been a long time in the works.
On Thursday morning, Mitchell tweeted out that he was now only considering 10 schools: Providence, Creighton, Florida State, Indiana, Georgetown, Villanova, Louisville, Kansas, Boston College and North Carolina.
Mitchell was one of the fastest rising prospects in the country this July. He missed last year’s summer circuit because of a broken wrist and gained a new appreciation for the game and how it should be played, telling NBCSports earlier this month that “being out, I realized I wasn’t giving my all as much as I am now.”
A powerful, 6-foot-3 guard with long arms, Mitchell’s game resembles that of Dwayne Wade and Louisville guard Terry Rozier. He’s excellent attacking the glass, he can put the ball on the floor and finish above the rim, he’s a very capable passer and his three-point range continues to develop as well.
Mitchell is currently ranked No. 101 in Rivals top 150, but that’s a ranking that will shoot way up when the list gets updated. He had planned to trim his list much earlier this month, but as he started to blow up, so did his recruitment. He waited it out and has gone from being a priority target for Northeast schools to a national recruit being pursued by the likes of Louisville, Kansas and Indiana.
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 0
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 13
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Wisconsin’s loss to Maryland a massive blow, but not for the reasons you think 4
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)